Xenforo 2.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
the simpsons GIF

hehe. just wondering. if anyone here who has updated their live site to 2.2 beta builds already (i know it's not a good idea). what kind of issues you are facing... has been it a smooth migration. do you regret? any major issue with any of the popular addons? should i resist?

I updated a localhost copy of my site with B1 with no issues at all, which means it will work the same on the live site.

Probably going to the production site soon.

hehe. just wondering. if anyone here who has updated their live site to 2.2 beta builds already (i know it's not a good idea). what kind of issues you are facing... has been it a smooth migration. do you regret? any major issue with any of the popular addons? should i resist?
Been running on a live site since beta 1 came out, no real issues. A couple of addons don't work, at least one of them was an addon where the features are now included in core. No regrets about updating or running beta software - XF beta builds are generally stable enough.

Depends on what addons you are running, a lot of developers have already released XF 2.2 compatible updates - the major one that isn't is probably Themehouse.

Don't forget that @Brogan is a long-time staff member and an accomplished developer in his own right. If he has any problems he can solve them without many headaches. Are you that confident?

Are you that confident?
tbh. i can afford to take the risk considering the low traffic situation on my board. at worse i would have to roll back to the pre-upgrade snapshot. while it would result in some data loss. the probability of xenforo finding a massive data loss bug at this stage is quite low. rc1 would have been nice but it seems a few weeks away. it would have been easy if it was not for the xfes features. the two features in 2.2 powered by xfes is something i really want to enjoy on a live install so might go for it tonight. :p

There would be no point in upgrading to 2.1.

Test the upgrade to 2.2 on a duplicate installation.

There should be another release or 2 within the next couple of weeks so it may even be RC (release candidate) status by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom