XF 2.1 Xenforo 2.1.12 PHP 8.0 compatibility

But why not run XF 2.2? That is the current (and supported!) version.
Maybe because 2.2.x didn't bring anything to the table that was earth shattering to him that he feels his site needs?
The ONLY reason I upgraded was I wanted to run the latest of Bob's add-ons... XF didn't really have anything itself that was vital for me to upgrade.
Some people want a tangible return on expenditures they make.

I have XF 2.2.10 running on PHP 8.0.24. Seems to be working fine.

Edit: I see now that you were asking about XF 2.1.x. Ooops

No problem, thanks anyway :) I'll just stick with php 7.4 for a bit more then, as I don't aim at updating anytime soon, due to the amount of customizations I did on xf 2.1.x

It doesn't work with 8.0, and for some reason MediaSites ONLY works with php 8 now.. even though it says compatible with 2.1.. wtf.
It is compatible.. it's simply the latest versions that require a more recent version of PHP. You can always download the older versions via the History tab. You will need to check the update log also to see when the higher PHP requirement was put into place.
That's one of the hazards of not upgrading... you do reach a point where you are limited on the add-ons as they continue to progress onwards and raise their requirements.
I do agree that since it is requiring PHP 8.x the 2.1 compatibility tag should be removed though and it denoted that the older versions do run on EOL PHP versions.

It is compatible.. it's simply the latest versions that require a more recent version of PHP. You can always download the older versions via the History tab. You will need to check the update log also to see when the higher PHP requirement was put into place.
That's one of the hazards of not upgrading... you do reach a point where you are limited on the add-ons as they continue to progress onwards and raise their requirements.
I do agree that since it is requiring PHP 8.x the 2.1 compatibility tag should be removed though and it denoted that the older versions do run on EOL PHP versions.

I went back one version and it's ok now.

Top Bottom