PHP 8.3 compatibility patch

Yeah I get that. But the funny part is, the internet is (perceived to be) on the forefront of bleeding edge tech...while, in the same time, the underlying engine is really really old.

Never understood that.

1714166881203.webp

Michael Scott Grimace GIF

Compatibility issues (a lot of extensions got deprecated and no longer are supported on 8.0), or shared hosting that still defaults to 7.4.
... and the fact that XenForo < 2.2.15 told admins that the PHP version is "recommended" if it's > 7.2, so many XenForo admins might not have been aware that they are running (severely) outdated PHP versions and thus do not upgrade even though it might be as easy as changing some options in their hosting account settings / server control panel.

But luckily this has been addressed now :)

No, i mean the member that triggered the warning... does JohnQMember see it as a page fault while browsing the site, or is it just logged in ACP?
I donā€™t think youā€™ve said exactly what error you received so difficult to say but recently a lot of logs generated by newer PHP versions have been deprecation notices which are only logged in debug mode.

ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Increment on type bool has no effect, this will change in the next major version of PHP src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:296

Top Bottom