XenForo 1.6 as Christmas gift?

What do you prefer?

• I'd like to see XenForo 1.6 while waiting for 2.0

• I don't want XenForo 1.6, I prefer to wait until 2.0

Results are only viewable after voting.
1.6 should play a cowbell noise whenever you get an alert. The above video would then be an accurate representation of inner goings on of the XF offices as the likes pour in on the release announcement post :D

I, personally, don't fear the reaper. Or the cowbell. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I voted for XF 2.0 but honestly that depends on WHEN 2.0 would be released. If it's not by the end of the year, I'd rather have some improvement in a 1.6 version in the meantime.

I'd rather have some improvement in a 1.6 version in the meantime.
What is it that you need in a 1.6 version that absolutely cannot wait until 2016?

It seems people are pushing for increased version numbers but, realistically, what updates do you expect to have?

What is it that you need in a 1.6 version that absolutely cannot wait until 2016?

It seems people are pushing for increased version numbers but, realistically, what updates do you expect to have?
XenForo is glad to announce the release of 1.6. 1.6 includes many new features like:
  • Versioning change, XF 1.5 -> XF 1.6
Customers can download the new version by going to their customer area and downloading the latest update, or to simply save some time just edit library/XenForo/Application.php with the updated version numbers.

Thanks for choosing XenForo! We hope to bring you XF 1.7 as soon as possible.

Doesn't seem very intuitive for the developers to release suggestions/features in a 1.6 version to then have to rewrite them from scratch for a 2.0 version. End result? Duplicate work. It takes away time from development of a truly worthwhile update.

Isn't that exactly what happened with 1.5? Depends on how far away 2.0 is - since nobody can answer that question besides the XF team; it's still valid to ask for improvement and new features :)

Last edited:
Mike posted this clarification which gives you an idea about where XF2 is at:
Even once we show off some of the initial builds, there will still be an extended period of testing before we declare it stable. Essentially, it's still going to take a while for 2.0 to be ready. To be clearer, I wouldn't anticipate seeing that preview/alpha/beta/stable process until some time in 2016.
So considering that there will be a preview period and extensive alpha and beta periods to get feedback, I think it's unrealistic to expect XF2 stable anytime soon.

While I know just as much as the next person, I would be surprised if XF2 stable arrives before the end of summer.
After XF2 release any 3rd party addons can be updated, so if you are depending on such then the wait could be longer.

Top Bottom