1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 XenForo 1.4.6 changes: When running the spam cleaner, stop redirecting when not checking IPs.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RoldanLT, Apr 13, 2015.

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

How can I enable this back? Really miss this thing.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It would require editing the JS directly. It was changed to make the behavior consistent regardless of the options selected.
  3. RoldanLT

I hope to see a new option to enable/disable the redirection thing.
    When some post goes to moderation, it's most likely a spammer and I always use spam cleaner on that page but not checking IP.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hadn't you might as well just check the IP?

We catch additional spammers on a daily basis by searching for IPs. Not doing so potentially leaves a spammer dormant which you'll end up having to spam clean another time anyway.
  5. RoldanLT

Spam Cleaner > Check spammer's IPs, means will be added on Discouraged IP Addresses on Admin /admin.php?banning/discouraged-ips ?
    Maybe I mis understood the feature.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Spam cleaner is nothing to do with discouragement.

Checking IPs finds other users with the same IP. If other users are found, another overlay is shown and you can spam clean that user from there.
    hellreturn and RoldanLT like this.
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I always check the IP when spam check. Otherwise, it's very hard to do it later because you have to search for that IP via ACP.
    hellreturn and RoldanLT like this.
  8. RoldanLT

Ok, enabled it by default now :)