XenForo 1.3 - Access Template from Custom BBCode Callback

Teapot

Running into a minor problem with the new BBCode system. I've got a small class set up to deal with the BBCode, which is fine, but I'm getting stuck at how to render a template within my BBCode and, eventually, pass the options and BBCode content into it as $viewParams - the traditional way, doing something like this, no longer works because $_view is protected:

PHP:
$template = $this->_view->createTemplateObject('bb_code_tag_php', array(
                'content' => $content
            ));

So my question is, how do I make this work? Obviously the $somethingSomething is just there as pseudocode and the code doesn't return anything yet:

PHP:
<?php
class Pokecharms_BBCode_PokemonType
{
    public static function render(array $tag, array $rendererStates, XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base $formatter)
    {
         $somethingSomething->createTemplateObject('type_image', array(
                'content' => $tag['children'][0]
            ));
    }
}

Quick bump with permission - now XF 1.3 has been in beta for a while, has anyone figured something like this out yet?

Thanks!

It's not at all dissimilar from the "traditional" way. There's a public function in the formatter that gets the view:
PHP:
        $view = $formatter->getView();
        if ($view)
        {
            $template = $view->createTemplateObject('type_image', array(
                'content' => $tag['children'][0]
            ));

return $template->render();
        }

Thanks a bunch! That was the piece I was missing :) Getting a really bizarre problem now...

When I use that code and try to render a BBCode: I get the following error:

Code:
Call to undefined method XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_ImageCount::getView() in /Volumes/Content/Web/xf/library/Pokecharms/BBCode/PokemonType.php on line 6

My full code is:
PHP:
<?php
class Pokecharms_BBCode_PokemonType
{
    public static function render(array $tag, array $rendererStates, XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base $formatter)
    {
        $view = $formatter->getView();
        if ($view)
        {
            $template = $view->createTemplateObject('type_image', array('content' => $tag['children'][0]));

return $template->render();
        }
    }
}

The settings are as follows:
6PLpG.png

6PLri.png

This is a bizarre problem, I can't find out why XenForo is picking up the wrong renderer.

That all looks correct. My immediate thought is if you have an old code event listener related to bb code, or some other add-on now interfering with it.

Assuming that there is no other code behind this bb code other than the custom bb code callback and a template you might even be able to just do $config['enableListeners'] = false; in config.php just to immediately discount any other code causing a problem.

That all looks correct. My immediate thought is if you have an old code event listener related to bb code, or some other add-on now interfering with it.

Assuming that there is no other code behind this bb code other than the custom bb code callback and a template you might even be able to just do $config['enableListeners'] = false; in config.php just to immediately discount any other code causing a problem.
Looks like it was a bug in XF 1.3 Beta 1; upgrading to Beta 2 mysteriously fixed it. :)

Thanks a bunch for all your help!

Top Bottom