Fixed XenForo 1.15 - Editor Bug

zenhyi

I am currently using XenForo 1.15, I'm not so sure if it is the same on previous versions of XenForo.

When you copy and paste something onto a thread with over 2 lines+ that is spaced in this format for example from another website (in my specific case it had a different font):

This is a sentence.
This is a sentence.
This is a sentence.
This is a sentence.

In this format you see that after each sentence the next sentence is on the next line. So, I tried editing the thread after I copied and pasted the text and when I try to double space the each of the sentences they appear to stay in place in the editor however if you click on save they are spaced. Backspace is clearly visible in the editor though.

If you are confused please let me know so I can expand on what I'm talking about.

Zenhyi

Testing here:

Hungryman Hero
3 Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Cheese and Home fires on a Hero $4.50
Jerry's Mess
2 Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, ham, and Cheese on a Roll $4.50
Grateful Deluxe
2 Eggs, Roast Beef, Cheese, and Home fires on a Hero $4.50
Healthy Choice #1
3 Eggs Whites w/ Grilled Veggies on Whole Wheat Bread $4.00
Healthy Choice #2
3 Eggs Whites w/ Grilled Turkey on Whole Wheat Bread $4.00

Edit #1
: Weird it works fine here. I think there is just something wrong with my version. Maybe it's because the board here is running 1.14 right?

I am currently using XenForo 1.15, I'm not so sure if it is the same on previous versions of XenForo.

When you copy and paste something onto a thread with over 2 lines+ that is spaced in this format for example from another website (in my specific case it had a different font):

This is a sentence.
This is a sentence.
This is a sentence.
This is a sentence.

In this format you see that after each sentence the next sentence is on the next line. So, I tried editing the thread after I copied and pasted the text and when I try to double space the each of the sentences they appear to stay in place in the editor however if you click on save they are spaced. Backspace is clearly visible in the editor though.

If you are confused please let me know so I can expand on what I'm talking about.

Zenhyi

Testing here:

Hungryman Hero
3 Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Cheese and Home fires on a Hero $4.50
Jerry's Mess
2 Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, ham, and Cheese on a Roll $4.50
Grateful Deluxe
2 Eggs, Roast Beef, Cheese, and Home fires on a Hero $4.50
Healthy Choice #1
3 Eggs Whites w/ Grilled Veggies on Whole Wheat Bread $4.00
Healthy Choice #2
3 Eggs Whites w/ Grilled Turkey on Whole Wheat Bread $4.00

Edit #1
: Weird it works fine here. I think there is just something wrong with my version. Maybe it's because the board here is running 1.14 right?

Here is 1.2 beta :)

The version 1.1.x of XenForo is using by default the TinyMCE editor (version 3.x). For a reason I ignore a LOT of TinyMCE users love to paste text from Microsoft Word and want the editor to keep the layout. TinyMCE (3.x) has also a plain text addon that allows to only paste the raw text. You can find it in that addon. Please note that this addon is no more supported but if you need it for a few weeks to wait for a stable 1.2 version, just install it.

The version 1.1.x of XenForo is using by default the TinyMCE editor (version 3.x). For a reason I ignore a LOT of TinyMCE users love to paste text from Microsoft Word and want the editor to keep the layout. TinyMCE (3.x) has also a plain text addon that allows to only paste the raw text. You can find it in that addon. Please note that this addon is no more supported but if you need it for a few weeks to wait for a stable 1.2 version, just install it.

I see this was very helpful. Thank you.

Top Bottom