Not a bug xenforo 1.1.x styles incompatible - OR - template conflict not found

Adam Howard

So I decided to update my styles. Started with "Light Frost" as it has
  • No template changes
  • No added code
  • No removed code
  • No extra.css
It's basically only color Color Palette changes.

(see attached screen shot)

And the font is changed to Trebuchet MS

That's it. Nothing else. It's basically XenForo default

So I imported the old 1.1.4 version into my test site and am told there is zero template changes.

Going over the templates manually and I'm also told nothing shows up as changed.

But if you look at the breadcrumbs

You clearly see an error.

I decided to make an exact copy, manually... ie... Basically rebuild my style from scratch using 1.2. And extract the style that I had imported.

There should be no code changes, because XenForo is telling me they are the same and they are both coming from XenForo 1.2

The yellowish / orange color notes difference (using a program called Win Merge to compare)

( see attached screen shot )

Attached is both extracted from XenForo 1.2 beta 3

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled3.webp
    Untitled3.webp
    53 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled4.webp
    Untitled4.webp
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Desktop.zip
    Desktop.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 2
Look at your customized components. What style properties show up there?

Style properties can create conflicts as well, depending on what has changed. Maybe we should move an element out of the property, though it's not always what is desired.

Look at your customized components. What style properties show up there?

Style properties can create conflicts as well, depending on what has changed. Maybe we should move an element out of the property, though it's not always what is desired.

The only thing changed is the Color Palette and the font Trebuchet MS.

So the only style properties changes was the font, Trebuchet MS.

But both match... ie... What you find in "Light Styles" you find in my "test style"

You have a style property that is out of date (specifically @breadcrumItemCrumb; it's missing a height). This particular issue will probably be changed so it won't end up being an issue, but it's really the nature of customizing style properties. If you update, your customized versions are kept like templates. In some (albeit rare) circumstances, this can cause problems. To some degree, if problems are noticed, the style properties need to be checked as well.

Also, changing the font like you did is a total waste. You can basically just set it at the body and where ever another font is specified. You don't need to specify it in every style property...

You have a style property that is out of date (specifically @breadcrumItemCrumb; it's missing a height). This particular issue will probably be changed so it won't end up being an issue, but it's really the nature of customizing style properties. If you update, your customized versions are kept like templates. In some (albeit rare) circumstances, this can cause problems. To some degree, if problems are noticed, the style properties need to be checked as well.

Also, changing the font like you did is a total waste. You can basically just set it at the body and where ever another font is specified. You don't need to specify it in every style property...
In previous version I would have been informed that @breadcrumItemCrumb was out of date, as well as anything else that was out of date. This was not so in XenForo 1.2. In fact I got no notice or warning of any kind... Thus why I reported this as a bug.

I disagree about the font setting. It seems to be the only way to guarantee that that all properties throughout the style, universally remain Trebuchet MS which is the desired affect (and without template edits).

Top Bottom