Xenforo 1.1 for the rest of us?

sophie1204

I know, patience, patience. But we're all dying to get our hands on 1.1. I know this is probably a stupid question, but any idea when the stable version will be out?

I never imagined - after all the weeks and weeks of posting about "Where is 1.1?" - that on the day of the beta release we'd have a "Where is 1.1. stable?" thread.

Surely the beta release is a good indication that 1.1 stable isn't too far away now. ;)

This is a 1.1 piece of string: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are about .................................................................................................................................................^^ here I reckon.

So not too long now. :D

XenForo Beta release is most everyone else's stable release.

I'll agree with that LOL Xenforo first beta releases were more stable than any other forum software has been in my opinion. Funny enough with the exception of the 3.x series of vbulletin which always seemed really stable. Seeing a theme here somewhere

I never imagined - after all the weeks and weeks of posting about "Where is 1.1?" - that on the day of the beta release we'd have a "Where is 1.1. stable?" thread.

I agree. Funny.

It's just that like other people, I've been waiting for 1.1 to come out before I switched over from vb. I guess since I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. Sigh.

lol
1.1 isn' even out as a beta yet (jussst about)
and people are already asking for the next .zip

: rolleyes and what not :

Of course, when 1.1 goes stable, the next thread explains in detail they MUST HAVE the maintenance release, or 1.2, because they have been waiting and must have it, obviously.

I will be putting beta on ONE of my slower sites so I can at least test it and give some feedback. But it has been running here pretty nicely and I doubt I am going to have any issues.

Only thing I can think of would be custom mods I did myself, lol.

If I see one 1.2 thread in the next few months I swear...

double-facepalm.jpg

And let me just say, I have this uploaded onto my dev install, and WOW... the sheer additions, improvements, functionality, intuitiveness, flexibility and options.... WOW.

I can't wait to get this stable once all mods and styles are updated for it.

And check out the "test user permissions" from the ACP... amazing. I can quickly see if a permission is correct on the frontend for a user, as the admin, then click it to reset back.

XF are going to have one hell of a time writing the list of additions for this when they release it as stable.

Top Bottom