1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo 1.1 for the rest of us?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by sophie1204, Oct 5, 2011.

1. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I know, patience, patience. But we're all dying to get our hands on 1.1. I know this is probably a stupid question, but any idea when the stable version will be out?
  2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

erich37, Andrej and M@rc like this.
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I think I missed that, eh. :oops:
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

I suspect it to be 'stable' before January 1st.
  6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I think it will be much quicker than that.

I'm going for December 31st! (y)
    Floris likes this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

8. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

XenForo Beta release is most everyone else's stable release.
    erich37, Digital Doctor and Shelley like this.
  9. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I never imagined - after all the weeks and weeks of posting about "Where is 1.1?" - that on the day of the beta release we'd have a "Where is 1.1. stable?" thread.

Surely the beta release is a good indication that 1.1 stable isn't too far away now. ;)

This is a 1.1 piece of string: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are about .................................................................................................................................................^^ here I reckon.

So not too long now. :D
    CapnLuffy likes this.
  10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I'll agree with that LOL Xenforo first beta releases were more stable than any other forum software has been in my opinion. Funny enough with the exception of the 3.x series of vbulletin which always seemed really stable. Seeing a theme here somewhere
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Corrected that for you ;)
    GeeksChat and Marc like this.
  12. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I agree. Funny.

It's just that like other people, I've been waiting for 1.1 to come out before I switched over from vb. I guess since I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. Sigh.
  13. Floris

Floris Guest

1.1 isn' even out as a beta yet (jussst about)
    and people are already asking for the next .zip

: rolleyes and what not :

Of course, when 1.1 goes stable, the next thread explains in detail they MUST HAVE the maintenance release, or 1.2, because they have been waiting and must have it, obviously.
  14. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to use beta as my stable release on my live site
  15. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

I will be putting beta on ONE of my slower sites so I can at least test it and give some feedback. But it has been running here pretty nicely and I doubt I am going to have any issues.

Only thing I can think of would be custom mods I did myself, lol.
  16. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

If I see one 1.2 thread in the next few months I swear...

Onimua, Marc, Trombones13 and 4 others like this.
  17. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

And let me just say, I have this uploaded onto my dev install, and WOW... the sheer additions, improvements, functionality, intuitiveness, flexibility and options.... WOW.

I can't wait to get this stable once all mods and styles are updated for it.
    Kier likes this.
  18. John

John Well-Known Member

Just like Apple products...nothing else out there like it or nearly as enjoyable to use. Loving the "Ignored User" in the last post info when someone you have on ignore posts...better than Tachy ;)
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  19. Anthony Parsons

And check out the "test user permissions" from the ACP... amazing. I can quickly see if a permission is correct on the frontend for a user, as the admin, then click it to reset back.

XF are going to have one hell of a time writing the list of additions for this when they release it as stable.
  20. Anthony Parsons

Only problem with that, is that I used it as the super admin, and it worked... not sure admins should be able to ignore users and their content disappear from their site.

Reported as bug.