• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Resource Manager: Give same moderation tools in discussion threads as the rest of the forum

jflory7

Hello XenForo forums,

As a moderator of a fairly large forum with a Resource Manager, it's becoming painfully obvious that the in-line moderation tools in the Resource Manager are lacking from features from across the rest of the forum. One of the most obvious things I am unable to do is merge multiple posts together, which is definitely something I'm not going to waste the time on doing by hand.

I think the Resource Manager should have its moderation tools extended, like the rest of the forum.

Thanks!

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Is it just merge you're referring to? Merging resources seems like a difficult concept at best as you have things like the core file and versioning differences (never mind if they are differing types of resources).

This is the first time I recall seeing a suggestion for merging resources.

md_5

Hello XenForo forums,

As a moderator of a fairly large forum with a Resource Manager, it's becoming painfully obvious that the in-line moderation tools in the Resource Manager are lacking from features from across the rest of the forum. One of the most obvious things I am unable to do is merge multiple posts together, which is definitely something I'm not going to waste the time on doing by hand.

I think the Resource Manager should have its moderation tools extended, like the rest of the forum.

Thanks!
Is it just merge you're referring to? Merging resources seems like a difficult concept at best as you have things like the core file and versioning differences (never mind if they are differing types of resources).

This is the first time I recall seeing a suggestion for merging resources.
I'll reply on behalf of @jflory7 since I admin the forum he is talking about.
Basically the issue was that "merge posts" is tied into the "manage / move" permission, which was negated as I'd like to make sure moderators don't move resource threads away from the correct location.
I've fixed this permission issue now, however I think merging probably belongs more under edit and/or delete. Maybe if they have both they can merge, since edit+delete is what a merge is.