XenForo 1.0.0 Beta 2

wii

A few questions:

1. What's the ETA for Beta 2?
2. How will the upgrade process work?
3. What about our current modifications in the CSS and Templates?

Thanks for a great product ;)

1. We don't have a firm ETA, though I expect it to be available in the coming week.
  2. The upgrade process is similar to the installation process
  3. Existing modifications to CSS and templates will remain untouched, but there will be fairly significant changes to CSS in the default style, as I warned in the Beta 1 release announcement.

Thanks Kier

3. Will there be an easy way to compare my changes to the changes in the default style?
I am hopeful that there will be time to develop such tools during the beta process, though right now they do not exist.

However, it is possible to switch on debug mode and view the Master templates and CSS directly, which would allow comparison with your customized versions through a third-party comparison tool.

Ok, I have tried to make my changes as simple as possible, because it's still in Beta, I hope many of the hardcoded colors from the templates will move into the Style Properties, that would make it even easier to work with.

Just to clarify, changes roll out to XenForo.com on a regular basis, often as soon as they are ready. However, there are certain milestones we want to hit before we package up the fixes and updates, label it 1.0.0 Beta 2 and release it to customers.

when we purchased the beta 1 last week on the 5th oct 2010 it says my license expires on the 5th oct 2011, say if the final is out in nov 5th 2010 would our license expire on the 5th nov 2011 or the 5th oct 2011.

I just wanted to through out there that I am like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for the next release of XenForo a long with any news about it. I have one license now and if all continues to go as well as it has all of my VB licenses will soon be Xen. Keep up the great work and God speed to beta 2 and eventually a 'stable' version. Not that this one is not stable.

when we purchased the beta 1 last week on the 5th oct 2010 it says my license expires on the 5th oct 2011, say if the final is out in nov 5th 2010 would our license expire on the 5th nov 2011 or the 5th oct 2011.
The 12 months support will start from the day the stable version is released.

As an additional incentive to adopt early, licenses bought during the beta period will have 12 months of updates and support starting from the date when XenForo 1.0 is released as a stable and supported version.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-beta-1-released.4858/

Thanks Kier

3. Will there be an easy way to compare my changes to the changes in the default style?

I am planning to use Notepad++'s compare function.

Probably upgrade a local install first, compare the changes in templates, change them to be compatible with my new style then import it onto the real site.

Top Bottom