• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenFocus.com skins now available

Ehren

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post a quick introduction for XenFocus for those of you who are yet to hear of our site. Graeme and I are both designers who have past experience with IPB and have ported some of those designs over to xenForo. We opened XenFocus last week and have since released a few premade skins for XenForo. Previews of our current skins can be seen here.

Alternatively, these screenshots of our current designs will link you to live demo's.

Uniform
small.jpg

Animate

Infinite

iSkin

Baisik

We hope you enjoy our skins and look forward to seeing you around our community. :)

I apologize in advance if we don't have permission to post in this forum advertising commercial skins. Please move/moderate if necessary!

Ehren it is great to see you over here! Looks like two of us have decided to also skin for XenForo! I still think your skins are amazing so keep it up and I wish you the best of luck!

skins are good but it seems that forum list adn viewing thread has the same design and layout as wiht the rest of skins. feels like you could had done some more work there

I've had fun playing with infinite and uniform :rolleyes:

Great skins!

Can I make a suggestion to database-store the values instead of using cookies (for logged-in users)? It just allows for people who are using private browsing/multiple computers to retain their style.

Thanks everyone for the feedback (good and bad) so far. :) We're still in the process of trying to make the skins more unique and are updating them frequently with small modifications.

Can I make a suggestion to database-store the values instead of using cookies (for logged-in users)? It just allows for people who are using private browsing/multiple computers to retain their style.
Unfortunately I only know how to set the value as a cookie. Additionally (if I understand you correctly), I would prefer not to modify the database in anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Ehren it is great to see you over here! Looks like two of us have decided to also skin for XenForo! I still think your skins are amazing so keep it up and I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks very much - you too.

Animate is great. I think it is a perfect dark skin.

But I'm looking for a light skin and there are a few things that keep me from buying.

Header and navigation bars are looking really good. Alerts and inbox areas look unique. The thumbs up image with likes is a nice idea. I like it. But thread view and thread list pages are just recolours of each other. They all look very similar. Those are the most important parts of a forum for me. I personally like what themesinc did with those parts.

I'm using XenPorta as my home page and I have no idea how these skins would look on my site. Adding XenPorta to the demo forum could be a good idea. Many people use it.

Finally, I don't think moving the search to the header is a good idea. ad_header template makes use of that space. I have a 728*90 banner there.

Animate is great. I think it is a perfect dark skin.

But I'm looking for a light skin and there are a few things that keep me from buying.

Header and navigation bars are looking really good. Alerts and inbox areas look unique. The thumbs up image with likes is a nice idea. I like it. But thread view and thread list pages are just recolours of each other. They all look very similar. Those are the most important parts of a forum for me. I personally like what themesinc did with those parts.

I'm using XenPorta as my home page and I have no idea how these skins would look on my site. Adding XenPorta to the demo forum could be a good idea. Many people use it.

Finally, I don't think moving the search to the header is a good idea. ad_header template makes use of that space. I have a 728*90 banner there.
animate can be used as light skin, you just simply replace the background picture to something lighter and u will get everything lighter...

Ehren makes the best skins, just like he does for IPB. Plus you can't beat the quality of his skins and support!

Awesome skins. I've been using IPBForumSkins for a long time (custom as well). I'm looking forward to more releases.

Hmm... I personally don't like any. Think they are just to basic need more skin touches imo. Like profiles are just basic doesn't really seem like much has been done. No offence <3 your IPB work but XenForo needs more time to be customized.

ditto, ipb skins are awesome but for the xf skins you "ported" over seems to be little done so far. but look forward when u add more design elements

great skins, i am hesitating between iskin and uniform
maybe the next updates will help me decide.

Top Bottom