Still can't see the cute little house... :(

I finally had some time to change the default css to browser specific stuff;

-khtml-background-size: 100%;
-o-background-size: 100%;
-webkit-background-size: 100%;
-moz-background-size: 100%;
background-size: 100%;

Let me know if you see the house.

Not seeing the house ... IE8 - 1280x1024 desktop.

The background is only poking out by 10-15 pixels or so around the forum edges - thereafter it's just light blue plain BG.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... :(

Not seeing the house ... IE8 - 1280x1024 desktop.

The background is only poking out by 10-15 pixels or so around the forum edges - thereafter it's just light blue plain BG.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... :(
IE doesn't support the majority of CSS3 and even some CSS2 declarations.

Ah yeah .. I want a modern forum solution, and that means I am looking forward, not backwards.
I don't mind to implement legacy support for IE8/IE9, but only if it affects core functionality.

I rather use the extra hours it costs to fix things for IE over and over and over again, to test and play with new functionality and features. I am sure in another 6 years IE15 has caught up to most of the CSS3 stuff - but at that time we're all at CSS9 .. (so to speak).

It's so easy to install a free alternative browser to get modern sites to actually look 'modern' .. that it's not worth the web designer/developers frustration to deal with it - unless they're getting paid specifically for it. That's just how I feel about it.

Today I've had time to work on the userbar, the background stretchy issue, and the footer.

I expect IE to not even bother loading the site and just show a white page, but ok :)

xenfans_userbar_2.png

xenfans_userbar_1.png

I've also fixed the few pixels off search bar, so it's part of the 'white background' again, additionally I've played with @font-face to get prettier titleBars.

xenfans_font-type-and-fixed-search-bar.png

footer

xenfans_footer_draft2.png

And the guest_Bar with gradient (draft1)

xenfans_guest_bar_w_gradient.png

I have to say floris these changes are very nice. And foremost very welcomed to see. Liking the screenshots, updates etc and look forward in seeing more. :)

Sorry about the poor quality audio/video, I forgot to restore the settings to screenCast;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693961/xenfans_whatisgoingon_noresultsfound_modification.mov

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But, it's a sneak peak of the "clicked on what is going on link, and there were no results found" modification.

Excellent idea, and very creative way to keep/retain interest in the site where otherwise that person would have left. Thumbsup Floris.

Floris nice update with it, it's a good concept the only thing is on my resolution 1920x1080 the house looks sort of pixely. Not sure if you might be able to find a way around it but ya, either way I love the footer :)

Untitled-1.webp

Excellent work Floris. I'm gutted I cannot see the full image either (FF 3.6 Mac). But when I first viewed it I didn't know it was supposed to be any different and still liked it :) The Popular content page you have is also a "must have". I hope this will be released as a downloadable add-on :)

I like this popular content page http://xenfans.com/popular/ How did he do that?

Also I like the Recent Activity menu item to show all the time like this http://xenfans.com/

Thanks

The /popular/ add-on is now available on xenfans.com (for premium members).

I mean the whole Style, with the Backround Image. I have big problems with the install of backgrounds, sometimes its to small, sometimes to big, but this Style is already optimized. So, It would be great if I could have it.

I do like the transparent border effect very much Floris has done there, that looks good. I don't like the background image used though, but that can be changed easy enough. There's also a slight problem with that theme in the footer area, two sections of text displayed are unreadable and why is there a "variable" being pulled not working? Are you running the forum localhost on the web?

floris.webp

Top Bottom