xendisConnect - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Hey mate, good work so far, but I'm still seeing this on the upgraded theme:
jG4a3uI.png

Ah, I let those on for testing purposes purely sorry about that heh :( browse to: Style Properties -> Message Elements, un-check any you don't want to show.

Thanks for the quick fix.
Any way I can make the avatar / name, etc float to the left like on the official forums here?

Thanks for the quick fix.
Any way I can make the avatar / name, etc float to the left like on the official forums here?

Sure: Style Properties -> Message Layout -> User info Block : remove the text-align: center;

Is that what you're referring too?

Well if you look at XenForo's official site you'll notice:
SInnelP.png

See how the avatar is separate from the post? It looks nice
However, on xendisConnect, it's like this:
hLEbB2z.png

The avatar/info is attached to the post, so if you make a long post - it cuts off. If you make a short post, it looks alright.
I'm trying to detach the avatar/user info from the post so it's floating to the left with blank space between the info & the post (like on Xenforo's official forums)

Well if you look at XenForo's official site you'll notice:
SInnelP.png

See how the avatar is separate from the post? It looks nice
However, on xendisConnect, it's like this:
hLEbB2z.png

The avatar/info is attached to the post, so if you make a long post - it cuts off. If you make a short post, it looks alright.
I'm trying to detach the avatar/user info from the post so it's floating to the left with blank space between the info & the post (like on Xenforo's official forums)

It's technically as designed, the grey bar on the left is how vBulletin 5 does it. With your screenshot, it appears you haven't uploaded an image from the latest upgrade. It fixes it so the grey bar will be there on all the post. As for making more like the default XF you'd have to remove the background color from the messageInfo, re-add it on the messageContent, then fix the messageUserInfo.

That fixed it it seems. That site is just using the Widget Framework addon if you want to install it and test it.

I am having a issue where only my avatar is the only one being listed. If another user posts, my avatar still stays..

I am having a issue where only my avatar is the only one being listed. If another user posts, my avatar still stays..

Hmmm doesn't sound like a style problem, do you have any plugins at all?

Do you have a link to your board?

no crazy plugins just the portal system/media/events. Nothing else crazy.

i added my website via image, dont want the bots tagging my website in this forum

So what's the exact problem? I'm seeing their avatars fine...:

ce97d219f99c4cee9cc14e2.png

All the topics show my avatar even if I am not the last responder. I know I started the topic... That's okay. You see that two users responded to two topics and my avatar still reminds as the last responder, it does not update with their avatar.

If that is not the way it suppose to work, then I am sorry I wasted your time.

Attachments

• Untitled-5.webp
    Untitled-5.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 5
All the topics show my avatar even if I am not the last responder. I know I started the topic... That's okay. You see that two users responded to two topics and my avatar still reminds as the last responder, it does not update with their avatar.

If that is not the way it suppose to work, then I am sorry I wasted your time.

Gotcha, that's actually default behavior. It's not showing the latest poster, it's showing who started the topic(bigger avatar), then if you have a post in there(which of course on all the topics you start) it will show the smaller avatar.

Last Poster displays the username on the right, there is a plugin somewhere I think will show latest poster avatar on the right side though.

Also, I'm getting this weird large blank space
Ah, I let those on for testing purposes purely sorry about that heh :( browse to: Style Properties -> Message Elements, un-check any you don't want to show.

BTW - even after knocking out a bunch of these choices, I'm still getting a large blank white space under the last message in a conversation.

Top Bottom