[XenConcept] Minimum post length

[XenConcept] Minimum post length [Paid] 2.3.1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
I thought support XF 2.2 mean anyone who still using XF 2.1x can update the add-on, it said "require XF 2.2 to install", that's not support, that's a big requirement, can you fix for anyone who is using XF 2.1x can still update add-on?

Fixed in same version

Attention for all user: If you looking for alternative smaller addon without Branding free then another addon here. This addon overview show Visible branding > No but Developer are silent adding Copyright link and he will be forcing purchasing Branding free is $50 for remove Copyright link.

ScreenShot00113.webp

Result:

ScreenShot00114.webp

Attention for all user: If you looking for alternative smaller addon without Branding free then another addon here. This addon overview show Visible branding > No but Developer are silent adding Copyright link and he will be forcing purchasing Branding free is $50 for remove Copyright link.

View attachment 239750

Result:

View attachment 239751

The description has been modified.

Under no circumstances do I force you to buy it.

50$ = All addOns

Why I am purchased your addon? Because your addon overview showing Visible branding > No. So now recently changed your mind and adding Copyright link because you need earning more money. Why you are adding adding Copyright link after 2 years? So please can you make refund please?

Why I am purchased your addon? Because your addon overview showing Visible branding > No. So now recently changed your mind and adding Copyright link because you need earning more money. Why you are adding adding Copyright link after 2 years? So please can you make refund please?

Because there is no more sale or very little. Its a way to keep add-ons up to date.

This is not enough. On average 4 out of 10 customers renew their license.

If you are not give Features or development improvement update then no one interested using your addon then renew their license. I am also recently uninstalled 3 addon. So renew are not happened for this addon because I am not using this addon anymore.

It's things like this that will ultimately do more damage to your reputation and harm your future sales.

It doesn't sit right with me that a number of customers purchased this add-on with the stipulation that there was no visible branding and those customers have had it added to the footers of their site silently, without warning or explanation.

While you have now updated the resource to no longer claim there is no visible branding, you aren't actually making new customers aware that branding will be added either. I will update the resource myself now to reflect this more accurately. You should do the same yourself to any other resources where this is applicable.

I don't currently see anywhere a customer can choose to remove the branding either. If you're expecting the fairly obnoxious copyright footer to drive more customers to purchase the add-on then in my experience that is extremely unlikely. If you provide clear instructions on how existing customers may pay to remove the branding then that may be more successful but, as I already said, I don't think you've gone about it in a way that seems fair to existing customers. You'll more likely just drive them somewhere else.

That's just my opinion and while we don't have any particular rules against this but it is clearly already having a negative impact. If it were me, I'd probably grandfather existing customers into having a branding free license, make it clear that new licenses have branding and how much the removal cost is up front.

If it were me, I'd probably grandfather existing customers into having a branding free license, make it clear that new licenses have branding and how much the removal cost is up front.

I despise branding in addons, but if I were to ever change my mind and add branding to mine, this is the route I’d go. No reason to punish existing customers just because sales dropped.

Yeah, I'm using Xon's Post Friction instead of this in a heartbeat. The branding is tacky and removal for $50 is absurdly high. It's a shame, because if it wasn't going to cost $100, I'd use both this and the linked users add-on from XenConcept, but as-is, this is unacceptable.

Hello,

In the last version we added a copyright in the footer.

copyright_footer.webp

For this add-on, the withdrawal is free of charge. To withdraw it, you can select the "Branding free" add-on when purchasing the add-on or even after the purchase.

At the time of purchase:

extras_branding_free.webp

Once the purchase is made:

produt_purchase_extras.webp
A tutorial will available soon.

Would it be possible to make a list of approved words/phrases/codes that allow a post to be shorter than the minimum word/ character length?

E.g.

[x] Osie

would be okay but

I like bananas

would not be.

Hello,

I didn't really understand.

A word which means that the post will be ignored when it comes to minimum word or character counting.

For example, let's say the users are playing a game and most posts should be at least 5 words, but they occasionally have posts which are just: [Shoot] {playername}.

In that case, posts with the text [Shoot] should be allowed at any length, but posts that just say Lol, I'm here! should not.

Really nice!
To make it complete, it needs also the maximum of chars/words for a post in a forum for usergroup x.
Sometimes it would be nice to reduce a forum to a lower value then the overall mximum.

@XenConcept Getting Server error log with Xenforo v2.2.8 Patch 1

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "group_id" on null src/addons/XenConcept/MinPostLength/Listener/Listener.php:17

Generated by: Nirjonmela Dec 24, 2021 at 6:41 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/XenConcept/MinPostLength/Listener/Listener.php(17): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 17)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): XenConcept\MinPostLength\Listener\Listener::optionTabbed(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), 'admin', 'option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#2 src/XF/App.php(2853): XF\Extension->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(761): XF\App->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#4 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array, NULL)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/trophy_list.php(48): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('trophy_list', Array, true, NULL)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:trophy_li...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Trophy\\Listi...', 'admin:trophy_li...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#16 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#17 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(20) "/admin.php?trophies/"
  ["referrer"] => string(32) "/admin.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["trophies/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom