[XenConcept] Linked Accounts

[XenConcept] Linked Accounts [Paid] 2.4.5 Patch 1

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Yeah I got a database error when trying to upgrade to the latest version. Had to add the command mentioned above to my config file to get in and disable the addon. Site works again but...Not really sure what to do now. I would uninstall if I could but that's not an option. Trying to upgrade it while disabled gives me this error:

1582341841485.webp

Hi @XenConcept, would you be able to make it compatible with the Abyss theme, or Xenith, by Themehouse? Or let me know how I can make an icon visible? I found where the account change menu is supposed to be, but there's no icon for it due to the theme and I want my users to be able to see where to quickly change sub accounts.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi @XenConcept, would you be able to make it compatible with the Abyss theme, or Xenith, by Themehouse? Or let me know how I can make an icon visible? I found where the account change menu is supposed to be, but there's no icon for it due to the theme and I want my users to be able to see where to quickly change sub accounts.
Thank you!
Actually figured this out on my own, thanks!

But I wanted to ask, is there a way to transfer LinkedAccounts between users? We run an RP forum, so it would be nice to either allow multiple users to link to a single sub account or to be able to transfer sub accounts between users. Furthermore, I have a bug where a manually deleted sub account is showing up as an empty box in the menu to switch between subaccounts. Trying to login just gives me a message that the account no longer exists. Is there a fix for this or anything I can do?

Thanks so much,
Harvest

Attachments

• linkedaccounts.webp
    linkedaccounts.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
But I wanted to ask, is there a way to transfer LinkedAccounts between users? We run an RP forum, so it would be nice to either allow multiple users to link to a single sub account or to be able to transfer sub accounts between users.
Understanding, that for a Roleplay-Community this can be really useful, for a "normal" forum this would be a horrific scenario. Webmasters and staff couldn´t follow, who the account belongs to (or has belong to), who is responsible for content created via that account (in case of legal issues) and with regards to content and data hold within the account we would activly violate the GDPR (personal data, private messages, etc.), which would force us others to deactivate the add-on or otherwise we would be threatend with the fines a GDPR violation comes with. I don't mean to say that the suggestion should be discarded - but before an implementation, these points would have to be solved in a clean and stringent way.

Understanding, that for a Roleplay-Community can be useful, for a "normal" forum this would be a horrific scenario. Webasters and staff couldn´t follow, who the account belongs to (or has belong to), who is responsible for content created via that account (in case of legal issues) and with regards to content and data hold within the account we would activly violate the GDPR (personal data, private messages, etc.), which would force me to deactivate the add-on or otherwise would be threatend with the fines a GDPR violation comes with. I don't mean to say that the suggestion should be discarded - but before an implementation, these points would have to be solved in a clean and stringent way.
Yeah, that's understandable. Fair enough! Thank you! As for the bug with the manual deletion of a sub account resulting in a blank sub account box that can't be logged into or unlinked (or any other interaction) as the sub account in question no longer exists, is there anything we can do on our end about removing that? It shows up in both the quick menu for swapping accounts as well as in the linked accounts page. For reference, we were having a little difficulty early on so we manually deleted a sub account without unlinking it first and now we have that lingering blank box.

Rather than an account transfer function, is there a way to unlink sub accounts such that they aren't deleted as a result? As of right now, unlinking sub accounts seems to just delete them. Orrr... could there be a way to potentially hide subaccounts? So you can toggle a sub account as active/inactive in the linked accounts menu, and then it won't appear under the quick account swap or linked accounts menu anymore and instead appears in another menu where you can toggle it as active again? Basically just wondering if there's a way to keep linked account menus uncluttered while certain sub accounts aren't in use rather than unlinking said accounts and them being deleted as a result.

Last edited:
Rather than an account transfer function, is there a way to unlink sub accounts such that they aren't deleted as a result? As of right now, unlinking sub accounts seems to just delete them. Orrr... could there be a way to potentially hide subaccounts? So you can toggle a sub account as active/inactive in the linked accounts menu, and then it won't appear under the quick account swap or linked accounts menu anymore and instead appears in another menu where you can toggle it as active again? Basically just wondering if there's a way to keep linked account menus uncluttered while certain sub accounts aren't in use rather than unlinking said accounts and them being deleted as a result.
Wanted to bump this. Is there anyway that the Linked Accounts could simply unlink a subaccount from it's master account so that admin could potentially reconnect it to it's previous parent rather than completely deleting it?

Yeah, that's understandable. Fair enough! Thank you! As for the bug with the manual deletion of a sub account resulting in a blank sub account box that can't be logged into or unlinked (or any other interaction) as the sub account in question no longer exists, is there anything we can do on our end about removing that? It shows up in both the quick menu for swapping accounts as well as in the linked accounts page. For reference, we were having a little difficulty early on so we manually deleted a sub account without unlinking it first and now we have that lingering blank box.

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the wait.
You can contact me privately to solve this problem.

Wanted to bump this. Is there anyway that the Linked Accounts could simply unlink a subaccount from it's master account so that admin could potentially reconnect it to it's previous parent rather than completely deleting it?

For the moment we haven't had time to study.

After installing this addon (Linked Accounts), other addons that query xf_user have begun exhibiting odd behaviors..
Specifically in this case, we're dealing with an interaction between this and Group Membership Moderators.

Stack Trace
Code:
            SELECT `xf_user`.*, `xf_user_ParentAccount_1`.*
            FROM `xf_user`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_ParentAccount_1` ON (`xf_user_ParentAccount_1`.`user_id` = `xf_user`.`xc_la_parent_user_id`)
            WHERE (FIND_IN_SET(36, secondary_group_ids))
            ORDER BY `xf_user`.`username` ASC

LIMIT 20
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1052, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1052, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1379): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT `xf_...')
#5 src/addons/NF/GroupModerators/Pub/Controller/GroupModerators.php(47): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): NF\GroupModerators\Pub\Controller\GroupModerators->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('NF\\GroupModerat...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\GroupModerators\Pub\Controller\GroupModerators), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\GroupModerators\Pub\Controller\GroupModerators), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "/account/moderated-groups/leaf.36/view"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "https://www.ninpocho.com/account/moderated-groups/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If I may also provide a possible suggestion something which on our forum would be a great benefit.
The ability to list sub and parent accounts on both accounts visibly, without having to have moderator access first.

As we're a roleplaying site, having a sub account has become something we're allowing using this add-on exclusively and we have regulations associated with it through our combat system and other system, so differentiating who owns what account can be critical and simplifies some aspects to our function with it.

Last edited:
Stack Trace
Code:
SELECT `xf_user`.*, `xf_user_ParentAccount_1`.*
FROM `xf_user`
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_ParentAccount_1` ON (`xf_user_ParentAccount_1`.`user_id` = `xf_user`.`xc_la_parent_user_id`)
WHERE (FIND_IN_SET(36, secondary_group_ids))
ORDER BY `xf_user`.`username` ASC

LIMIT 20
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1052, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1052, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1379): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
SELECT `xf_...')
#5 src/addons/NF/GroupModerators/Pub/Controller/GroupModerators.php(47): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): NF\GroupModerators\Pub\Controller\GroupModerators->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('NF\\GroupModerat...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\GroupModerators\Pub\Controller\GroupModerators), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\GroupModerators\Pub\Controller\GroupModerators), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request State
Code:
array(4) {
["url"] => string(38) "/account/moderated-groups/leaf.36/view"
["referrer"] => string(50) "https://www.ninpocho.com/account/moderated-groups/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hello,

Fixed in next version

If I may also provide a possible suggestion something which on our forum would be a great benefit.
The ability to list sub and parent accounts on both accounts visibly, without having to have moderator access first.

As we're a roleplaying site, having a sub account has become something we're allowing using this add-on exclusively and we have regulations associated with it through our combat system and other system, so differentiating who owns what account can be critical and simplifies some aspects to our function with it.

Do you have a concrete example?

Lets say that we have an admin and three mods.
All mods are now in holidays and the admin has to care for their accounts.
With you addon i can jump now from admin to a mod and back, but it seems i cant just choose a name of the others directly to someone else than admin.

I have
Admin
Mod1
Mod2

I call the page and see
  • change to Mod1 or Mod2
  • i change to Mod1

Again i call the page and see
- change/revert to Admin (because the Mod1 has no permissions)

If i have ten users to switch three times in a day, this means:

Admin > User1
User1 > Admin
Admin > User2

But it needs to be:
Admin > User1 > User2 > User3 ... > Admin

This could be my fault but, the Post As feature of this addon does not appear to be functioning for me.

Is there a permission that needs to be set somewhere in the ACP or code that needs to be added?

Top Bottom