[XenConcept] Linked Accounts

[XenConcept] Linked Accounts [Paid] 2.4.5 Patch 1

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Thanks for the fix @XenConcept :)

I can't seem to get the post as box working with quick replies. I believe it's because it's checking to see if $linkedAccounts is not empty in xc_linked_account_quick_reply_macros_field, but even with an account linked, $linkedAccounts #entities is empty.

Have you checked the permissions? Are you talking about the box in the discussion?

Have you checked the permissions? Are you talking about the box in the discussion?

Yep, permissions are all set to yes.

I'm referring to the post as field in the Quick Reply box not showing.

1679418749715.png

If I remove the <xf:if is="$linkedAccounts is not empty"> if statement in xc_linked_account_quick_reply_macros_field (for testing) I can get the field to appear, but it only contains one account.

1679418965407.webp

@XenConcept

There seems to be a conflict with @Xon's Expiring User Upgrades addon. I'm getting this error when trying to upgrade an account which has an account linked.

Code:
Server error log
    ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Service\User\Upgrade::finalSetup() must be public (as in class XenConcept\LinkedAccount\XF\Service\User\Upgrade) src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/XF/Service/User/Upgrade.php:12 

Generated by: Test User Mar 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM 

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "/xf/purchase/process?request_key=lHLKJASDGTf8AMsj1jX5a4jgIAL5ig6A0T"
  ["referrer"] => string(40) "https://www.domain.com/xf/donate"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["q"] => string(22) "/xf/purchase/process"
    ["request_key"] => string(32) "lHLKJASDGTf8AMsj1jX5a4jgIAL5ig6A0T"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Fix "post as" not showing in quick reply

This is working now, thanks :)

Unfortunately, this permission issue is still a problem.

@XenConcept

Just purchased and it seems there's a problem with "post as" permissions; some are respected, while others can be bypassed.

For example, we have Account1 which can create threads or post replies in any node. It's linked to Account2, which can only create threads or post replies in one specific node.

Using the post as feature with Account1 active, I can create threads or post replies in any node Account1 has permission to post in as Account2 (even though Account2 doesn't have permission to do so).

Let me know if you need more info (y)

Hey,
I wanted to ask: after disconnecting from the account/closing the browser, will the user who has linked accounts have to link them again, or are the linked accounts saved in the site's memory?

Linked Accounts has been awesome! I'd like to request an addition to make it even better for my members and I. We would like for linked accounts profiles (and member list?) to show the parent account(s) of a sub account. I see that you can already show an account's sub accounts under moderator tools, it would just be nice to have this go in both directions.

So for example, if Player Account has Character Account #1, Character Account #1's profile would show that Player Account is its parent.

Hey,
I wanted to ask: after disconnecting from the account/closing the browser, will the user who has linked accounts have to link them again, or are the linked accounts saved in the site's memory?

Hello,

The linked account in saved in the database.

Regards

Linked Accounts has been awesome! I'd like to request an addition to make it even better for my members and I. We would like for linked accounts profiles (and member list?) to show the parent account(s) of a sub account. I see that you can already show an account's sub accounts under moderator tools, it would just be nice to have this go in both directions.

So for example, if Player Account has Character Account #1, Character Account #1's profile would show that Player Account is its parent.

Hello,

Can send a screenhot please ?

Regards

Right now, if you go to a subaccount, the moderator menu looks like this.

1687155001773.png

This is great for parent accounts but if you click on it for a sub account, you get a message that the account does not have any sub accounts. For accounts that have a parent, there should be a link that says "Parent Account: Username" that you can click on to go to the parent account. This will make it more clear what is and isn't a parent account and allow users to see how the accounts are connected.

Or, it could bring up a popup modal showing the parent account, like how parent accounts currently show sub accounts:

1687155364482.png

Same with the section that shows avatars on the "about" page. Parent accounts show this:

1687161477957.webp

Sub accounts should have this, but instead showing the parent account avatar.

Last edited:
When I upgraded, the avatars on my forum reset to the default avatars. I went to edit my account and it did not seem to have the uploaded avatar stored anywhere.

1687889751127.webp

Not a big deal for us currently, because we are still building and have relatively few accounts, but could be pretty troublesome in the future.

If this option is enabled, all child accounts will have the parent's avatar. If you don't want this, you can disable this option.

Is it a bad thing that this applies to the whole forum?

If this option is enabled, all child accounts will have the parent's avatar. If you don't want this, you can disable this option.

Is it a bad thing that this applies to the whole forum?
They are showing the parent's avatar on the about page of the account, which is exactly what I was hoping for! But the individual account avatars were wiped and replaced with default avatars, so now all of the accounts with custom avatars have to re-upload their avatars, which seems like an unintended consequence.

Edit to add that the uploaded avatars are completely restored to accounts when I disable the addon.

I'll also admit I don't see where to enable/disable the option – it does not appear on the linked account options page for me.

1687903467892.png

Last edited:
When I upgraded, the avatars on my forum reset to the default avatars. I went to edit my account and it did not seem to have the uploaded avatar stored anywhere.

View attachment 287746

Not a big deal for us currently, because we are still building and have relatively few accounts, but could be pretty troublesome in the future.

Same here, this is definitely a big issue!

Top Bottom