XenAtendo 2 for XenForo 2 to be released on Jan 15!

This looks very interesting! Currently we are using Google Forms to manage event attendance and signup. Will be looking at this in more detail when available.

Here's some important changes:
  • There is no longer a daily cron-job that updates thread titles... The new entity system in XenForo 2 is awesome and allows us to edit thread titles inline, so we don't need to run that cron-job. Thread titles will automatically get updated on the fly as event dates progress.
  • The hover "preview" issue of event threads have been solved.
  • You can now add events to existing threads, without having to create a new thread or do any database finagling.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm going to take a break from programming for a bit after doing XenAtendo... I didn't realize how big this addon was... its about as big as XenTorneo. So I need a break... gonna play some video games.

One request for this one Jaxel, it would be great if you could make it easier to remind users to upload event photos.

On the old version you can't add a photo at the point of event creation, you can only do it afterward, and the option to do so is hidden away in a dropdown which no one can find until I point it out to them.

A prompt or button to upload the image on the create and edit event page would be really nice :)

1515603984113.webp

On the old version you can't add a photo at the point of event creation, you can only do it afterward, and the option to do so is hidden away in a dropdown which no one can find until I point it out to them.
The reason why the upload screen was separate in XF1 was because XF1's built-in AJAX AutoValidator did not function properly with data uploads. It was for this same reason that the official resource manager addon also had their icon upload screen as a separate page. It wasn't until XF2 that the autovalidator was updated to fix this issue.

Is this addon more friendly to events that do not have a physical location? As of some virtual place that could be manually added without calling for a map?

Is this addon more friendly to events that do not have a physical location? As of some virtual place that could be manually added without calling for a map?
Just dont put in an address... and the map doesn't show up.

Top Bottom