• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenApi - An opensource web API for XenForo

compwhizii

XenApi - A web API fit for XenForo

XenApi is an attempt at building an open API for XenForo.

Status
Just started, basic thread and forum listing complete. Documentation real soon.

Roadmap
  • OAuth support
  • Full posting support
  • API Key management via AdminCP
Documentation pages and example forum soon to come

ahh, i misunderstood. My eyes skimmed over web and saw api - my brain went ooh better integration lol

well, sounds nice :)

I'm not sure if it's ideal having it in a public repository due to it being used with nulled scripts etc.

On a more positive note, good luck with it :)

I'm not sure if it's ideal having it in a public repository due to it being used with nulled scripts etc.

On a more positive note, good luck with it :)

I'd rather have it open source with multiple contributors then locked to me. As forsaken said if someone wanted it all they would have to do is ask someone with a license.

Could someone explain exactly what this is and an example of how it is used?
Well, so far I doubt it has been used for much but it has alot of potential, like you could potentially build a mobile app around it, or just anything that accesses your forum remotely/not via your normal url/browser.

Nice...so theoretically with this I could make a standalone html page and have forms populated with data from my forum?

Sure. There's probably better ways to do that but the API can handle that.
Lol your talking to a noob right now...the best way is the one that works. :-) (in other words I have no clue what would be a better way to do it nor did I even think it was possible at least for me to do myself.)

Like to use this to build an ajax module on another part of a site to show things like recent threads. A list of URL params would be really helpfull, don't see one on GIT anywhere

Top Bottom