XF 2.1 Riot Games API and Xenforo

I'm developing a website in which I want private league of legends games to take place (within the league of legends client) and I want to be able to grab that data and post it in table format on my website once the game has finished. For example:
[Team1Players] [CS] [GOLD] [Kills] [Deaths] etc etc vs [Team2Players] [CS ] [GOLD] [Kills] [Deaths]
player1
player2
player3
player4
player5

How do I go about establishing something like this? I imagine php is involved? I need all this data to be saved for historical reference on the website as well. I'm fairly new at all of this but I've been reading a ton and watching a lot of videos so I'm willing to learn I just need to know I'm going in the right direction first. I noticed by googling "riot api public libraries" there are existing pieces of code available in various languages, but frankly I'm not sure where to even begin. Would Python work? Please help, thanks.

FYI - "The Riot Games API returns all data in valid JSON "

Last edited:
Put your goal aside for a moment and start with the basics. If you're not fluid in php (or programming whatsoever), you'll have to start a step lower even and learn that first. Once you've mastered the basics, you can start a project like that. The League API is very basic and straightforward, so once you've understood what you're doing, it's going to be an easy task.

I'm developing a website in which I want private league of legends games to take place (within the league of legends client) and I want to be able to grab that data and post it in table format on my website once the game has finished. For example:
[Team1Players] [CS] [GOLD] [Kills] [Deaths] etc etc vs [Team2Players] [CS ] [GOLD] [Kills] [Deaths]
player1
player2
player3
player4
player5

How do I go about establishing something like this? I imagine php is involved? I need all this data to be saved for historical reference on the website as well. I'm fairly new at all of this but I've been reading a ton and watching a lot of videos so I'm willing to learn I just need to know I'm going in the right direction first. I noticed by googling "riot api public libraries" there are existing pieces of code available in various languages, but frankly I'm not sure where to even begin. Would Python work? Please help, thanks.

FYI - "The Riot Games API returns all data in valid JSON "

Unless you're planning to make a xenforo addon you can share or sell, there's no point in trying to understand xenforo that deeply and create an addon.

Instead, you can create a python program that uses the riot api to collect match data. Once collected, the data can be formatted with bb-code and posted to your forum using the XF REST API.

An example of a python wrapper for the riot api is: https://github.com/Canisback/pantheon
The XF REST API documentation can be found here: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/rest-api/

Good luck!

Top Bottom