xenAddicts.com down - Causing slow page load here

To you.

In fairness, I don't really mind unless it gets so much that it becomes annoying. But saying other peoples signatures are "stupid" when your own aren't much better is just a bit obnoxious in my humble opinion.
There have been at least 5 separate occasions that those signatures have caused a slowdown in page load, and is actually part of why the ability to disable signatures entirely was added.

If you find a text signature with 3 colors (I only use one color, the others are default of XenForo) that is meant to bring suggestions to peoples attention obnoxious than you're just purely hypocritcal. I won't defend advertisements because they're completely self-serving, however I am probably one of the least in your face in regards to advertising with the exception of talking about our Framework, and even then that isn't meant to sell it to people.

I could make it more obnoxious if you wish? I haven't updated it in a year or two and there are a lot of things I've suggested, released or supported I could include. I could even make it dynamic like Max (Dark Mage) does so it changes constantly.

I have no problem with signatures personally, unless they contain flashing gifs, or stupid dragoncave images (Anyone remember those? ugh)
It'd be nice if there was an option to block individual sigs, like on Invision board.

There have been at least 5 separate occasions that those signatures have caused a slowdown in page load, and is actually part of why the ability to disable signatures entirely was added.

If you find a text signature with 3 colors (I only use one color, the others are default of XenForo) that is meant to bring suggestions to peoples attention obnoxious than you're just purely hypocritcal. I won't defend advertisements because they're completely self-serving, however I am probably one of the least in your face in regards to advertising with the exception of talking about our Framework, and even then that isn't meant to sell it to people.

I could make it more obnoxious if you wish? I haven't updated it in a year or two and there are a lot of things I've suggested, released or supported I could include. I could even make it dynamic like Max (Dark Mage) does so it changes constantly.

I think you misread. He didn't find your signature obnoxious. It was more that fact that you called other people's stupid. Either way, it's a silly argument to have :-)

Signature rules will be a welcome addition :-)

I think you misread. He didn't find your signature obnoxious. It was more that fact that you called other people's stupid. Either way, it's a silly argument to have :)
Yeah indeed, that's why I retreated from the discussion, didn't really feel like arguing about something like that.

I feel offended calling. I'm a Wizard good sir and I removed my dynamic signature a long time ago :P.

I used to be a member of a site that allowed over 1000 characters and multiple images in the signature and freakin TABS! Yes, members were stuffing their signature with their life stories and garbage duplicated with 4,5,6 Tabs per signature. Can you believe that? With javascript disabled in your browser, those signatures took 80% of the thread height.

I used to be a member of a site that allowed over 1000 characters and multiple images in the signature and freakin TABS! Yes, members were stuffing their signature with their life stories and garbage duplicated with 4,5,6 Tabs per signature. Can you believe that? With javascript disabled in your browser, those signatures took 80% of the thread height.

That is a true horror story.

I think with regards to signature allowance, Xenforo have been very generous. This is a case of "give someone a yard, they'll take a mile" so when the signature guidelines come into play it will be a welcome addition. As stated, some of the signatures are downright ridiculous and do disrupt browsing so I personally welcome the restrictions/guidelines when they are enforced come 1.2.

You know, it could be worse.

Check out mine (and some other users) signatures on the Spotify Community << direct link to one of my posts so you can see the signature.

Also, I'm not noticing any speed differences...

Top Bottom