xenAddicts.com down - Causing slow page load here

Shelley

Visiting various threads here at XenForo.com I noticed the page hangs and is waiting to load xenAddicts.com. I guess this is hanging up because people are using the signature generator provided by them. I get it on the below plus quite a few others.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/resource-manager-admin-options.46514/page-2

Anyone else getting it also?
I was experiencing this bad yesterday so I had to install an ad block and block the domain. But yeah, page hang ups all day yesterday.

Adam Howard

This is one of the reasons I prefer people don't use images in their sigs. Which is something I use to do a while back, but stopped when I was having hosting issue... ie... I noticed it slowed down other people's sites.

YES, I noticed this today & yes they seem to be down.

Sador

To do my part, I've disabled my signature from XenAddicts, at least for as long as it's down. It's why I preferred running it on my own host, but at some point a change in XenForo made it stop working for me, so I had to return to the XenAddicts one.

Sador

I actually disabled seeing signatures the first year of XenForo because of those stupid signatures.
And your signature has links, colors and advertisement in them, which is also pretty annoying and stupid to some. ;)

Forsaken

And your signature has links, colors and advertisement in them, which is also pretty annoying and stupid to some. ;)
Two advertisements for products, a sentence stating I do custom design work, and suggestions.

3 lines that are about the same as your two line signature yet mine is actually useful (y).

Sador

Two advertisements for products, a sentence stating I do custom design work, and suggestions.

3 lines that are about the same as your two line signature yet mine is actually useful (y).
To you.

You must really love mine then :ROFLMAO:
In fairness, I don't really mind unless it gets so much that it becomes annoying. But saying other peoples signatures are "stupid" when your own aren't much better is just a bit obnoxious in my humble opinion.

Shelley

Oh my signature is even more useless. I am linking to a site people can't even register at. There ya go you both won the battle of the useless signatures, I lost. #kindergarten

Adam Howard

In fairness, I don't really mind unless it gets so much that it becomes annoying. But saying other peoples signatures are "stupid" when your own aren't much better is just a bit obnoxious in my humble opinion.
Thankfully, I've been smart never to do so (call someone's sig stupid) :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Mine's actually four rows at the moment, I've added some hidden characters to create some margins.