[Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization

[Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization [Paid] 2.6.3 Fix 3

No permission to buy (€20.00)
Research:

A clean forum has no data for
admin.php?styles/stylename.id/style-properties/group&group=basic
and publicMetadataLogoUrl

When I add a picture here, I have an og:image everywhere.
Without your add-on I have no OG-field for RM cats.

With your add-on I have settings:
OG Image for threads (or url or attachment); attachment seems not to work for me, but I use images with an url in threads)
=> i will double check this again.

With your add-on I have og image in RM cat edit, but a woring phrase?!

this option allows you to set the default image via URL for Open Graph image in your threads.

also this does not work for me!
Every RM cat has no /example_image_res_cat_id, but I have nothing, when XF og is not set, or the xf-og, when set.

And where is the OG for the RM overwiew?

What should be?

og for forum, showing everytime, when there is nothing else
og for RM overview
og for every RM cat

og for forums (not tested yet)

og for threads and resources works for me, when I use an url to an image.
I am not sure about using attachments! In threads this seems not to work for me.

Can you please check this in a testforum? And maybe show pictures like

"I am RM overview pic"
"I am RM cat_id 1 pic"
"I am RM cat_id 2 pic"

I am res attachment
I am res icon
I am res url
{maybe not possible, because we have to choose one of these for all res?)

Same to threads.

Maybe I dont understand your logic?

Anyway, it seems to me:

There is no og:image for rm overview
There is no image for RM cats
There is no image for forums

But also the fields for RM cats and forums (image for threads is not working as default!)

Here again, how it should be from my point of view:

Forum default (XF)

SEO:
og forum home
og for every forum
og for RM overview
og for every rm cat

also defaults!
og for RM resources in cat x
og for forums in form x

also resources and threads like have to set single og or use attachments.
rm icons are too small.

Sorry, to say, but the add-on is not finished!
Please finish it, make it complete and working for all of these main pages.

And again my question: Why is it needed to save empty values in your blob?

Code:
{"meta_title":"","meta_description":"","meta_robots":"","open_graph":"","twitter_card":"summary","canonical_url":""}

Why there is no:

any content? then save only this content, not the empty fields
no content? then save []

Just some more lines, right?

Or at least a cache-job or cron-job to erase all these data?

1. I add a new line to your template mod like AND delete the XF:eek:g image

Code:
<meta property="og:image" content="{{ snippet($category.xs_seo.open_graph|strip_tags, 200)|for_attr }}" />

2. If I add the xf og image
I have the og:image two times in source code; one from XF, one from category.

Please! How can this be?

1. missing the og:image
2. have no replace or stop for the xf og:image if set.

Please check this add-on!

Hello,

We saw that you have questions about our add-on, particulary about the OG system. We’ve made an update on june 2023 because it was not working for the XFRM. We’ll have to check again, also for the « threads » in the description settings, it’s an error but that option is for « ressources ». Anyway, we’ll check all the options and release an update for this add-on, it will not be today since we have to review all our code but we can promise you that it’s something we’ll do for sure !
Are you using the latest version, the 2.6.3 Fix 1 ?
Please check this add-on!
Please check the version of the add-on you are using ;)

And again my question: Why is it needed to save empty values in your blob?

Code:
{"meta_title":"","meta_description":"","meta_robots":"","open_graph":"","twitter_card":"summary","canonical_url":""}

Why there is no:

any content? then save only this content, not the empty fields
no content? then save []

Just some more lines, right?

Or at least a cache-job or cron-job to erase all these data?
Because when you save a thread, you save all the associated fields, so you won't gain anything by leaving them as they are, or not, as they may still be processed unnecessarily in the code. Also, this is to avoid errors such as "Can't read title on NULL" (title is an example) etc. To avoid this, you can indeed check if such and such a field exists, but this would add to the completion of the field for nothing.
Because at the time of the recording of a thread you record all the associated fields, you will gain nothing more to leave such as it is or not, after in the code it risks to have more useless treatment

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

Who am I to tell you how to make an add-on ... :)

But maybe you will start with a list first and make a concept, here is what I would like to have:
ogi = og:image

XF default ogi

xf forum list ogi
xf forum ogi per forum = could be the default ogi for all threads in this forum OR
xf forum ogi as default for all threads

threads like now, but please check if attachments are working? Maybe set a hint for 851*315 (correct size?)

xf rm overview ogi
xf rm cat ogi per cat= could be the default ogi for all resources in cat OR
xf rm cat ogi as default for all resources

Please check if attachments are working? Maybe set a hint for 851*315 (correct size?)

icon makes no sense as long small?

Perfect, but maybe overkill: Choose one attachment for threads and resources

For the XF default ogi, you have to check if it is set or not!

And maybe there is another problem!
When using an og:image with 851*315 it is correct as og:image, but if you open your browser and see the list of domains you have visited last time, then this picture is used as a quadrat, means it looks wrong. I have seen this today, while i experiment with three different forums, so I could see the icon used for them and this list in the browser, when have a 851*315 instead 800*800, it looks wrong.

Last edited:
Because when you save a thread, you save all the associated fields, so you won't gain anything by leaving them as they are, or not, as they may still be processed unnecessarily in the code. Also, this is to avoid errors such as "Can't read title on NULL" (title is an example) etc. To avoid this, you can indeed check if such and such a field exists, but this would add to the completion of the field for nothing.

Sorry, this is no reason!

It needs only some lines to check if the fields are empty, if so you can save "[]"
If not you can do a cron job one time at night.
Or a cache job, so people can do it one time in a month.

Sorry, this is no reason!

It needs only some lines to check if the fields are empty, if so you can save "[]"
If not you can do a cron job one time at night.
Or a cache job, so people can do it one time in a month.
I have a question for you: what difference does it make to you whether it's there or not?
Who am I to tell you how to make an add-on ... :)

But maybe you will start with a list first and make a concept, here is what I would like to have:
ogi = og:image

XF default ogi

xf forum list ogi
xf forum ogi per forum = could be the default ogi for all threads in this forum OR
xf forum ogi as default for all threads

threads like now, but please check if attachments are working? Maybe set a hint for 851*315 (correct size?)

xf rm overview ogi
xf rm cat ogi per cat= could be the default ogi for all resources in cat OR
xf rm cat ogi as default for all resources

Please check if attachments are working? Maybe set a hint for 851*315 (correct size?)

icon makes no sense as long small?

Perfect, but maybe overkill: Choose one attachment for threads and resources

For the XF default ogi, you have to check if it is set or not!

And maybe there is another problem!
When using an og:image with 851*315 it is correct as og:image, but if you open your browser and see the list of domains you have visited last time, then this picture is used as a quadrat, means it looks wrong. I have seen this today, while i experiment with three different forums, so I could see the icon used for them and this list in the browser, when have a 851*315 instead 800*800, it looks wrong.
Please download the latest version ;) (2.6.3 Fix 1)

I have the latest version on a client page. All the problems I have mentioned are happened in this latest version!

I have a question for you: what difference does it make to you whether it's there or not?

I don't like it when every single thread and resource, we talk about ten thousands at client server are using bytes in their database without any need.

I can give you the question back: What is the problem with adding some lines like

is the array empty? then save "[]", else save array?

If you think bigger, then you are maybe responsible for millions of threads and resources, saving around 120 bytes without any need.
And again: because we miss some fewer lines like:

It is your add-on, do what you want, I can add a con job for my clients to get rid of this, but somehow it feels strange that a programmer asks such a question.

I have the latest version on a client page. All the problems I have mentioned are happened in this latest version!
On your admin panel, which version is it? It says that you've had no license since November 11, 2022.
I don't like it when every single thread and resource, we talk about ten thousands at client server are using bytes in their database without any need.

I can give you the question back: What is the problem with adding some lines like

If you think bigger, then you are maybe responsible for millions of threads and resources, saving around 120 bytes without any need.
And again: because we miss some fewer lines like:

It is your add-on, do what you want, I can add a con job for my clients to get rid of this, but somehow it feels strange that a programmer asks such a question.
You're right, these fields should be columns.

There are some issues in latest version you may want to solve.

There is no og:image for cats and forums in source code.
it is not enough to add this to the template mods because xf also add og:image if the default og:image is set.
So you have to add the template mod and have to care if the xf default is set or not.

Your phrases are wrong, we don't care for threads in rm cats.
Also, you have to know if this og:image in cats/forums is only for the cat/forum or also default for res/threads.

You should also care for forum home and rm overview.

I am not sure if the attachments are working, i will watch for this not now, but now it is not used.

In my forum I have an older version, I only use it for the title/description; there was no need for og:image until now.
In my client's forum there is a need for og:image, this is why I care now for a half day to understand what's wrong with your add-on.

What do you think about an upload of the og:image to a directory /og with name = title_words_connected_with as a suggested filename? It is so anoying to upload pictures somewhere, and add the url into the thread.

Hello,

What do you think about an upload of the og:image to a directory /og with name = title_words_connected_with as a suggested filename? It is so anoying to upload pictures somewhere, and add the url into the thread.
Yes indeed, it's in the projects!

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

Can you please check the OG for threads;
I have checkboxed attachments, but the source code of threads shows something like this:

Code:
https://www.forum.com/https://www.forum.com/data/attachments/32/32370-cbd5be37eee42e3820f8ee6d1a1f17.jpg

I have not tested yet:
You may, should allow showing the attachment as og:image by options when the there is no permission to view for guests?
Maybe i want to use the first picture as og:image, but dont allow guests to see any pictures in the forum itself.

Last edited:
I have not tested yet:
You may, should allow showing the attachment as og:image by options when the there is no permission to view for guests?
Maybe i want to use the first picture as og:image, but dont allow guests to see any pictures in the forum itself.
Ah yes, this may pose a problem for the og:image, you may have to install this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-soluce-display-visitor-attachments.7602/ But given the link you gave me, it doesn't explain this

How can I use the attachment itself as ig:image and not the thumbnail?
Makes no sense to use 150 pixel for og from my point of view

This is your story, but do you really want people to install another add-on to make this add-on working?

attachments for guests in the forum: NO!
attachments as og: yes, sure, else it makes no sense to use it.
also use the attachment itself and not the thumb for og.

Top Bottom