[Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization

[Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization [Paid] 2.6.3 Fix 3

No permission to buy (€20.00)
Please remove or expand the limit on the meta description length. The addon has an over-tight limit and cuts a complete sentence halfway with a full stop (.). This makes it look strange in Google SERPS. In fact Google itself does not have a fixed limit on the meta description length. And I'd rather let Google to decide the length of an excerpt. It looks much natural with Google's ellipsis (...).

Please let me know if there's a way to make a quick fix. I couldn't find a place to change the length limit.

A screenshot from a form field for text and a second form field without any content?
Looks like this

[_________________________________] [___]

With .1-Version the second field shows the number of chars, with the new .3 version nothing happens (guilty could be one of 30 new add-ons or add-on upgrades also)

I have to setup a clean forum, and install your add-on to see if it works ... because I hate to do this, i have asked if there is any chance to find the problem in the source code? With a tool built-in, the browser developer tools?

A screenshot from a form field for text and a second form field without any content?
Looks like this

[_________________________________] [___]

With .1-Version the second field shows the number of chars, with the new .3 version nothing happens (guilty could be one of 30 new add-ons or add-on upgrades also)

I have to setup a clean forum, and install your add-on to see if it works ... because I hate to do this, i have asked if there is any chance to find the problem in the source code? With a tool built-in, the browser developer tools?
Just wanted to be sure that we talk about the same part of the add-on ;)

So, are you using the latest version, 2.6.3 Fix 1 ? For us it works, are you using another add-on that can make a conflict ? No error in ACP ?

Regards, SyTry

No error message, all template mods are green and ok.
Do you have changed anything with the js or script names?
Ok, this is an idea ... found it, solved it. Sorry. Thank you.

Last edited:
No error message, all template mods are green and ok.
Do you have changed anything with the js or script names?
Ok, this is an idea ... found it, solved it. Sorry. Thank you.
Hello, was the JS missing ?

Regards, SyTry

Yes. But please don't ask me why. The web was moved to another server, but I have no idea why this js was not copied like the rest.

Yes I mean a canonical URL, not a redirect. So Google told which of two (or more) dupliacte pages is the one you want indexed, or treated as the main one (not that they necessarily take any notice of it)

Canonical URL is implemented since the 2.2.0
I just installed this and cannot find where I can change the rel=canonical. I have enabled my permissions can edit SEO for all threads.

Where should I be looking to edit thread titles, meta titles and canonical? Thanks

Maybe I don't understand all these things about OG, but ...

to have one picture for the forum itself, i use

admin.php?styles/stylename.id/style-properties/group&group=basic
and publicMetadataLogoUrl

Today I tried to have an OG for a RM category. So I go to a RM catergoy,

/admin.php?resource-manager/categories/cat_name.cat_id/edit

there I find:

Open Graph
This option allows you to set the default image via URL for Open Graph image in your threads.

I guess this field is from you? But why we talk here about my OG in threads?

OG in threads I will do maybe in forums, not in RM cats, right?

Anyway! Maybe it is a wrong phrase?

But it does not work!

When i call the resource cat, I see only the OG pic from

admin.php?styles/stylename.id/style-properties/group&group=basic
and publicMetadataLogoUrl

Please check this, or tell me what I do wrong.

xfrm_category_view

Code:
<xf:if is="$category.xs_seo.meta_title">
    <xf:title>{$category.xs_seo.meta_title}</xf:title>
    <xf:h1>{$category.title}</xf:h1>
<xf:else />
    $1
</xf:if>
<xf:if is="$category.xs_seo.meta_description">
    <xf:head option="meta_description">
        <meta name="description" content="{{ snippet($category.xs_seo.meta_description|strip_tags, 160)|for_attr }}" />
        <meta property="og:description" content="{{ snippet($category.xs_seo.meta_description|strip_tags, 300)|for_attr }}" />
        <meta property="twitter:description" content="{{ snippet($category.xs_seo.meta_description|strip_tags, 200)|for_attr }}" />
    </xf:head>
</xf:if>
<xf:head option="metaNoindex"><meta name="robots" content="{$category.xs_seo.meta_robots}" /></xf:head>

There is no OG:image!

Top Bottom