Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris D
@Stemmy
No, it can't be extended from nodes to a custom html wrapper. The integration in the node structure only targets the "template forum_list_nodes" and only nodes elements. I could create a generic function that automatically builds a toggle function if someone needs it, but honestly custom location most of the time requires custom toggle layouts (=> custom js, custom html, custom css). That's why it has not been implemented. Anyway, the implementation of a toggle trigger is something basic, the only advantages of a framework would be 1) the cookie management (avoid an extra cookie) and 2) no extra JS to write (but in the case of your addon, it looks you already have some for the carousel).

Prior to Xen Media Gallery I was using Xen Medio and an RSS feed from it on another website using a widget created on www.rssinclude.com - see www.7oaks.info left column for example. I've tried to use the RSS feed link here http://www.sevenoaksforum.com/media/categories/sevenoaks.5/index.rss from the new gallery, but this fails on a test of an RSS feed and cannot be used to create a new widget. The RSS feed errors are shown on http://validator.w3.org/feed/check....um.com/media/categories/sevenoaks.5/index.rss . Can you think of another way I can include thumbnails of videos on an external site in a similar style?

This is fixed in XMG 2.1.8.

If you fancy fixing it yourself, the fix is simple. It's basically the same way (properly this time) the similar case was handled in the XF RSS.

In the following directories there is a file called View.php:
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Album/
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Category/
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Media/
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/User/
In each of the View.php files you will see something similar to (not necessarily identical) to the following:
PHP:
$entry->addAuthor(array(
    'name' => $media['username'],
    'uri' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:xengallery/users', $media)
));

The fix is to add:
PHP:
'email' => 'invalid@example.com',

So it would look like this:
PHP:
$entry->addAuthor(array(
    'name' => $media['username'],
    'email' => 'invalid@example.com',
    'uri' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:xengallery/users', $media)
));

If you could try that and let me know, that'd be great.

Hi Chris, thanks for update :-)
In the following directories there is a file called View.php:
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Album/
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Category/
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Media/
  • library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/User/
Found View.php in /Album/ and /Category/ and changed those but in /Media/View.php has no similar code and in /User/ file is Media.php with similar code that I changed.
Now validates OK :-) .. just about to check if I can use RSS in RSSInclude.com create widget facility.

Sorry, yeah, those other files would be

library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Media/GlobalRss.php
library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/User/Media.php

Hopefully that gets the RSS widget working :)

Compression, not really, no.

But I would recommend considering setting maximum dimensions:

upload_2014-10-14_20-59-31.webp

Images that exceed the maximum dimensions will be automatically resized.

Cool, maybe in a future release? Would be a great feature to conserve bandwidth and disk space. Not to mention google page speed is annoyed at me lol

I'm importing from vBulletin 3.8. There is an step called "Import Albums" and then there is another step called "Import Media". There is no "media" on vBulletin 3.8 other than albums (and pictures inside them). I guess what you call media are the pictures inside those albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom