Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I just looked at my media and I do have the inline mod and toolbar you describe above, But it's others media I want to delete, not my own.

These are the admin permissions. I am the only admin (super)

yes.webp

Though this is what i see when analyzing my permissions :sctratches head:

No.webp

The Analyze Permissions area will tell you exactly where the problem is. Could you please click the "Details" link next to "Delete media by anyone" in the Analyze Permissions feature as requested by Martok and that will tell us what the problem is.

My guess is you have used "Never" when setting up the permissions for some other users.

Exactly right. We use the suggested user group structure where everyones primary group is Registered with promotions added. So as an Admin I was in two groups Registered and Admin. Registered Mod rights were set to never. I've set them to No and now i have mod rights (y) Thank you :doh:

Exactly right. We use the suggested user group structure where everyones primary group is Registered with promotions added. So as an Admin I was in two groups Registered and Admin. Registered Mod rights were set to never. I've set them to No and now i have mod rights (y) Thank you :doh:
Golden rule - don't use NEVER. Use Not Set (No). There are only a few exceptional circumstances where Never should be used and that's when you absolutely have to override an Allow set in another group. In all other circumstances using Not Set (No) means the user won't have the permission.

I suggest you go through all permissions and change them accordingly.

I've purchased this addon yesterday and installed it on my test server. Works pretty good.

However, I have one problem. Not with functionality, but with the layout. When you use the gallery with a basic xf layout everything looks fine. However, I use a fixed width layout (audentio uix theme -> 980px)
In this case the content media area is too narrow. This is caused by the sidebars, of course (right xf sidebar, left media gallery sidebar). By the way, I have the same problem with resource manager.

What can I do? Can I move the left sidebar to the top of the gallery? Otherwise it would be difficult to use it on a 980px layout.

It sounds like you have widget framework as there is no right sidebar defined in my code for those pages.

I'm not sure how that is fixable but presumably your fellow users of Widget Framework and XMG may know how to workaround it.

To see how it was designed to look, disable widget framework and reload the media page. There should only be one sidebar.

I'm not proposing that you disable Widget Framework.

But I do suggest you find some way of excluding it from Gallery pages. I don't use WF myself so I can't help you with that. Unless anyone in this thread has faced the same issue, you will most likely have to post the question in the Widget Framework thread.

That is true ... but xengallery_x_by_y_posted_z is translated already. It should work, but it doesn't - the phrase shoes English still. Do you have another idea?

The change to the phrase will not be retroactive.

The phrase is added into the post content, e.g:
Rich (BB code):

The text in red is the phrase, but it is added into the post content.

All future posts will embed the text correctly. Any previous posts will probably need to be manually edited.

Somewhat puzzling to me - the phrase was translated already (before i used the bbCode). However, i removed the part of the post by deleting it and used the button again and it works now absolute correct.
Thank you for your efforts plus the great importer (from vBB 4.2 & Photopost), worked like a charm!

@Chris D , is it possible to do or maybe there is already some addon.. to dublicate/copy pictures that is uploaded using "upload a file" button to your addon (f.e. in main board picture-category)?
Cause i got problems with users that delete pictures after they uploaded them in posts using this button...
Sorry for my english :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom