Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run a photography forum and am using Xen Media.

I have the media block showing on the forum home page.

Some images that are posted on the forum and in the media section are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) some can be nudes etc.

I dont want them showing on the forum home block for obvious reasons.

Is there a way the forum home block can filter what is shown ?

I know albums can be created private etc but was wondering if it can be done on image by image basis within an album ?

No you can either show content from all albums or no albums. No control over individual images in an album.

The images are hosted on our server or may be while in other servers as imgur?

If I have many members, I do not like the weight of my forum grow uncontrollably and mygigabytes to traffic, run out faster.

Last edited:
Storage is cheap.

Consider installing something like [bd] Attachment Store. This will allow you to host attachments including XMG images with services such as Amazon S3.

There are no plans to have integration with other image hosting services.

If I have many members, I do not like the weight of my forum grow uncontrollably and mygigabytes to traffic, run out faster.
As well as what Chris has suggested, consider using the media quota for user groups that comes with XMG. Set different limits for different groups eg very low for new members, higher for active members and higher still for premium members who pay through the user upgrades built into XenForo. That way you can manage the storage more effectively and potentially generate income to purchase more storage.

Another thing to do is set image resizing in XMG to a lower value. This can save bucketloads of space.

I'm really happy with this gallery. I use another addon to tag forum content (xen tags) and I also use xen media gallery tags to tag my media. But now I have the situation that there are two different tag clouds on my site. A media tag cloud and a forum tag cloud which is ok for me but a bit confusing for non technical users.

Let's say they are looking for "Dan Brown" (the author). The forum tag cloud will list all book discussions tagged with "Dan Brown". But on my site are also book trailers and these links are missing. In my experience the average user does not come up with the idea of a second tagcloud. It would be very helpful if alls tags could combined to a single tag cloud. Any ideas if this is possible?

It's not immediately possible, no. But it has been requested a few times that Xen Media Gallery should integrate with the existing Xen Tag add-on.

It isn't going to happen in the short term. One would hope that eventually XenForo will have their own tag system. I had, at one point, thought we might see it in XenForo 1.X but that seems unlikely now that XF 2.X is on the radar.

I would be more than happy for @xfrocks to consider adding support for XMG in XenTag; but on the contrary he would probably be more than happy for me to consider adding support for XenTag in XMG :p So we'll see what happens.

@Bob B some of you will know is the author of the fantastic Showcase add-on for XenForo. Showcase is a truly awesome add-on coded by one of the best developers the XenForo community has.

Be sure to check it out here.

Bob has been hard at work trying to make it even more awesome, though. What you will be especially interested to hear about is the new Xen Media Gallery Album Integration.

Showcase now allows you to associate your XMG albums with your Showcase Item Gallery:

upload_2014-9-27_19-45-10.webp

upload_2014-9-27_19-45-19.webp

I'm sure you will agree this is a pretty seamless integration and will no doubt, should you own both products, help cut down some of the repetition your users may experience while managing their XMG albums and Showcase items.

Ok , if I cant tag images as "Not Safe For Work" so they don't show on the forum header. Is there a way to get a minimise button on the gallery so it can be closed and opened by the user depending on their situation ??

Today, while deleting a media file I got this error:

Invalid model 'XenGallery_Model_InlineMod_Media' specified
  1. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 101
  2. XenForo_Controller->getModelFromCache() in XenGallery/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Media.php at line 17
  3. XenGallery_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Media->getInlineModTypeModel() inXenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Abstract.php at line 125
  4. XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Abstract->executeInlineModAction() inXenGallery/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Media.php at line 406
  5. XenGallery_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Media->actionApprove() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/inthegame.nl/httpdocs/forums/index.php at line 13

I just checked the current download package because that error usually indicates a missing file. The file is in the download package, though, so maybe somehow it has been deleted or not uploaded properly?

The file should be located at:

library/XenGallery/Model/InlineMod/Media.php

Just a heads up that Tabs by Waindigo now supports Xen Media Gallery, so you can now link your threads, resources, conversations and more to your media. We have a few more exciting XMG-related features in the pipeline too thanks to @sinucello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom