[XD] Featured Threads Slider

[XD] Featured Threads Slider 1.0.4

No permission to download
Got this error:

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'thread_id' of non-object src/addons/XenGenTr/ResimliOneCikanKonular/Repository/ResimliOnecikan.php:20
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 11, 2018 at 12:14 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/XenGenTr/ResimliOneCikanKonular/Repository/ResimliOnecikan.php(20): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 20, Array)
#1 src/addons/XenGenTr/ResimliOneCikanKonular/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(21): XenGenTr\ResimliOneCikanKonular\Repository\ResimliOnecikan->fetchResimliOnecikanByThread(NULL)
#2 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): XenGenTr\ResimliOneCikanKonular\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Snog\Groups\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/threads/alerts.15583/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/alerts_15583/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Also, not sure what these two permissions are that run wild and end up in another add-on's permissions:

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 7.02.25 am.webp

FEATURE REQUEST: Option to disable arrows would be nice and/or if limit set to 4 and 4 featured threads are displayed then do not show arrows.

FEATURE REQUEST: Option to select post attachment as image would be nice.

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to set excerpt text for featured thread.

Last edited:
BUG: Even if autoplay is disabled, it is re-enabled once you manually click arrow. If it's disabled, I would expect it to be completely manual.

Got a style problem here. When enabled, it affects the forum list (nodes) border and padding.

See attached. It adds left/right border and padding when your FS addon is enabled. They go back to normal once disabled.

Attachments

• border-padding.webp
    border-padding.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 26
  • normal-border-padding.webp
    normal-border-padding.webp
    29 KB · Views: 26
@Ovunc Dinc - I hope you haven't given up on this excellent add-on! Still eagerly awaiting an ability to search / list out past featured threads... but also, another suggestion:

I'd like to have the system automatically send an email to a Thread starter letting them know that their thread has been featured, with ability to edit the default email template. e.g., "Congratulations, we've featured your thread!" with a link to it.

Also, not sure what these two permissions are that run wild and end up in another add-on's permissions:

View attachment 181353
My best guess would be the "featured page" function that the author stated wasn't quite ready, per the most recent update..

Ovunc Dinc said:
What's Coming? (1.0.4)

I ve not finished to "Featured Page" yet, but it will be amazing for all users...
Imagine how impressive it can be. (Not just a sample portal page it will be dynamic)
I would like to think that this is being worked on, and is the reason for the delay.. Though perhaps it is optimistic.

Is it possible to have threads featured for X days and then no longer be featured? Or do we have to manually un-feature threads?

It would be great if that addon could be maintained here as well. I am also having difficulties to understand how to get to it on the Turkish board.

Thanks,
-Markus
It's flagged as unmaintained, so we can't complain too much really.

I used a translator script on FireFox and managed to use the site easily enough. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom