[XD] Featured Threads Slider

[XD] Featured Threads Slider 1.0.4

No permission to download

Anthony Parsons

Got this error:

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'thread_id' of non-object src/addons/XenGenTr/ResimliOneCikanKonular/Repository/ResimliOnecikan.php:20
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 11, 2018 at 12:14 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/XenGenTr/ResimliOneCikanKonular/Repository/ResimliOnecikan.php(20): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 20, Array)
#1 src/addons/XenGenTr/ResimliOneCikanKonular/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(21): XenGenTr\ResimliOneCikanKonular\Repository\ResimliOnecikan->fetchResimliOnecikanByThread(NULL)
#2 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): XenGenTr\ResimliOneCikanKonular\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Snog\Groups\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/threads/alerts.15583/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/alerts_15583/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Also, not sure what these two permissions are that run wild and end up in another add-on's permissions:

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 7.02.25 am.png

rfc0001

FEATURE REQUEST: Option to disable arrows would be nice and/or if limit set to 4 and 4 featured threads are displayed then do not show arrows.

FEATURE REQUEST: Option to select post attachment as image would be nice.

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to set excerpt text for featured thread.

Last edited:

rfc0001

BUG: Even if autoplay is disabled, it is re-enabled once you manually click arrow. If it's disabled, I would expect it to be completely manual.

Chad

Got a style problem here. When enabled, it affects the forum list (nodes) border and padding.

See attached. It adds left/right border and padding when your FS addon is enabled. They go back to normal once disabled.
Hey @Ovunc Dinc can you please assist?

tonmo

@Ovunc Dinc - I hope you haven't given up on this excellent add-on! Still eagerly awaiting an ability to search / list out past featured threads... but also, another suggestion:

I'd like to have the system automatically send an email to a Thread starter letting them know that their thread has been featured, with ability to edit the default email template. e.g., "Congratulations, we've featured your thread!" with a link to it.

Nerdface

Also, not sure what these two permissions are that run wild and end up in another add-on's permissions:

View attachment 181353
My best guess would be the "featured page" function that the author stated wasn't quite ready, per the most recent update..

Ovunc Dinc said:
What's Coming? (1.0.4)

I ve not finished to "Featured Page" yet, but it will be amazing for all users...
Imagine how impressive it can be. (Not just a sample portal page it will be dynamic)
I would like to think that this is being worked on, and is the reason for the delay.. Though perhaps it is optimistic.

PJK

Is it possible to have threads featured for X days and then no longer be featured? Or do we have to manually un-feature threads?

Nerdface

It would be great if that addon could be maintained here as well. I am also having difficulties to understand how to get to it on the Turkish board.

Thanks,
-Markus
It's flagged as unmaintained, so we can't complain too much really.

I used a translator script on FireFox and managed to use the site easily enough. 🤷‍♂️