- Hide User and Time Info Bar
- Hide Featured Thread Excerpts
- Featured Thread Title Font
- Featured Thread Excerpts Font
- User and Time Info Bar Font
- Slider Content Characters Limit : It has been set min. 0

View attachment 174927

What's Coming? (1.0.4)

I ve not finished to "Featured Page" but it will be amazing for all users...
Imagine how impressive it can be. (Not just a sample portal page it will be dynamic)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please consider my suggestions
1. Can you change radio option by checkbox that we can show featured threats more than one place?
featured-thread.webp
2. When I change "Featured Threads Slider Image Size", only Image smaller and Featured Threads in Slider was fixed size.
I hope can choose the size smaller for all Featured Threads thubnail not only Image.
smaller.webp

3. Can you include link for this area? because user ussually click here, and they will difficult to go to thread because it have not link.
include-link-for-this-are.webp

4. Can I choose to show Featured Threads Slider in the middle forum before any catergory (typing the catergory's ID)?

apprear here.webp
In think many forum's admins are very glad to pay for this add ons :)
Thank you very much.
(sorry my English not good).

@Ovunc Dinc

Also, on the off chance that you have access to Themehouse's Intrepid style, maybe you can figure out why the slider results in this when placed above the forum nodes:

Bh5974s.png

I have 9 featured threads in the slider that look fine on every other style I have, including my other Themehouse styles, but on that one...well, you can see that it's blank and that it breaks out of the page and the sidebar gets taken out. I can't find any difference with that style's settings compared to other Themehouse styles to explain it.

No big deal, though. If I can't come up with a fix, I might just axe the style.

@Ovunc Dinc
Ovunc did kindly contact me and volunteer to take the time to look into this for me, but by that time I had already deleted the style in a fit of annoyance with it. However, I had some time on my hands today, so I decided what the heck, I would reinstall the style and this time get to the root of the problem. Turns out it was stupidly simple: the page style was set to wrapper by default (not by me), and just changing it to default covered fixed it. Doh. :oops:

gs4YkLj.jpg

Hello @Ovunc Dinc I know you got your hands full with many requests to improve/update the add-on. However I have one simple suggestion that I think would improve it a lot and that's possibly adding an option for a default image to display on all the thread links. For example for users like myself that only want to feature threads for them to see more attention then others where a thread might not necessarily have an image in it at all. It would give users the ability to put their logo image on every featured thread link in the slider allowing them to be able to show-off threads without images. Just an idea :D

there's a lot of interest in the image issue. my 2 cents, I prefer not to load too much into this excellent feature. it would suck if it became too heavyweight! keep it simple. my suggestion would be to simply offer an option to use first poster avatar (whatever it is), along with photo upload. on my forum it's not hard to get an image to go along with a great post. but if there's nothing to go by, use the avatar. I realize it would have the smaller avatar there inline already, and personally that doesn't bother me. I'd usually just select a photo. it's not hard. choose attachment, right click, save image to a dedicated folder for Featured, and upload it.

there's a lot of interest in the image issue. my 2 cents, I prefer not to load too much into this excellent feature. it would suck if it became too heavyweight! keep it simple. my suggestion would be to simply offer an option to use first poster avatar (whatever it is), along with photo upload. on my forum it's not hard to get an image to go along with a great post. but if there's nothing to go by, use the avatar. I realize it would have the smaller avatar there inline already, and personally that doesn't bother me. I'd usually just select a photo. it's not hard. choose attachment, right click, save image to a dedicated folder for Featured, and upload it.

I don't see how it would make the add-on "heavyweight". I've used featured thread add-ons before and a default image in my opinion is a good idea. When I was on Xenforo 1 (granted this is a free add-on and not paid) I used CTA Featured Threads that had this option as well. It's a very common option to have in a featured threads add-on. No one wants to have to upload images over and over again on every thread they feature. A lot of people don't use article threads for their featured threads and simply want to give it more attention. Yeah sure it's easy to do and simple to upload an image but get's tiring when it's for every post you decide to feature. Would save a lot of trouble

I realize I posted after your post, but I didn't say YOUR suggestion would directly make the add-on heavyweight. I said it would suck if it became heavyweight. Specific to your suggestion, I actually think a default image would get tiresome real fast. Avatar is a bit more dynamic IMO. indeed, probably more heavyweight than a constant default image! But more effective at addressing the problem I think. Scraping the attachments would probably be best, and the editor could select one. So long as it's not too tall an order...

I realize I posted after your post, but I didn't say YOUR suggestion would directly make the add-on heavyweight. I said it would suck if it became heavyweight. Specific to your suggestion, I actually think a default image would get tiresome real fast. Avatar is a bit more dynamic IMO. indeed, probably more heavyweight than a constant default image! But more effective at addressing the problem I think. Scraping the attachments would probably be best, and the editor could select one. So long as it's not too tall an order...

I disagree with you. Most people don't want avatars as their default image. It's unconventional and just a cheap way to display the thread. Scraping the attachments would be a mistake. If he wanted to make it where you can use the first image in the post without having to use an attachment that would be good too. However, I was simply suggesting a default image would be a good idea...

Thanks for this addon. I like to contribute financially to its development and maintenance.

Can I ask for the implementation of the points mentioned in this post? In particular, users are missing the number 3 I quote.

3. Can you include link for this area? because user ussually click here, and they will difficult to go to thread because it have not link.

At the same time, I would like to ask if you can disable / enable the number of responses in the thread and choose the sort in the slider.

Dear friends thank you for suggestions and reviews.
Add-ons develops as long as users use them.

I developed it with the comments from you.
But as you know that some structural changes are not as easy as requested.
I will continue to add your requests as much as I can,

Featured page will consist of a dynamic page consisting of all the featured topics.
This page has a large slider and other featured topics with magazine style below the main slider.
Maybe it won’t be a portal page but it will be usefull and easy to manage.

Respects.

Featured page will consist of a dynamic page consisting of all the featured topics.
This page has a large slider and other featured topics with magazine style below the main slider.
Maybe it won’t be a portal page but it will be usefull and easy to manage.
looking forward to this (y)

You mean this kind of magazine style thread list?
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 3.24.48 PM.webp

Thanks for this addon. I like to contribute financially to its development and maintenance.

Can I ask for the implementation of the points mentioned in this post? In particular, users are missing the number 3 I quote.

At the same time, I would like to ask if you can disable / enable the number of responses in the thread and choose the sort in the slider.

Thank you for your support.
Yes, your suggestions are posible.
But I need to time :)...

Users generally do not like to wait and me to :LOL:... I m trying to answer each post and idea. Why???

Because,
I m not just addon author I have sites, also member in friend's sites and I want to my users to be impressed.

Here's an example,
https://sapofis.com

No order!
No payment!
Just we need to time and suggestions.
Thanks.

If he wanted to make it where you can use the first image in the post without having to use an attachment that would be good too.
I agree, I'd often (but not always) use that option if it was offered. For exceptions, I'd be happy to upload. If I want to use a default I'd just keep that image in a handy local folder.

Instead of a packaging as a Featured Page... just let them out as separate widgets so that we can use and place anywhere in our site.

Top Bottom