XboxGamer.org

Nice start. Hopefully you'll be able to match the navigation between WordPress and XenForo.

Good luck on the site.

Not too bad at all for the Xenforo side of things. Just continue to create content for the forums and I wish you luck.

I dislike the Wordpress area though, the layout does not match fully and I think it should also I dislike the way the blog posts are shown.

Not too bad at all for the Xenforo side of things. Just continue to create content for the forums and I wish you luck.

I dislike the Wordpress area though, the layout does not match fully and I think it should also I dislike the way the blog posts are shown.

I feel the same way as you do, wordpress is horrible to skin imo, I'll be working on that once the community side is running smoothly. I'll try and match the main site with the forum skin once all said and done.

Agreed, the default gradients don't look great on some colors, overall though nice job though.

Agreed also.

Also, on the top forum catergorystrip there's a green line which I think should be removed, I don't think there is a need for a dividing line to separate the title from the description.

Agreed also.

Also, on the top forum catergorystrip there's a green line which I think should be removed, I don't think there is a need for a dividing line to separate the title from the description.

It was mainly done for effect, I may remove it, not sure yet. I'll remove the gradients and see how that looks, I don't want to make the style too plain and boring though.

It was mainly done for effect, I may remove it, not sure yet. I'll remove the gradients and see how that looks, I don't want to make the style too plain and boring though.

I see what your saying. Perhaps build another gradient catering for a dark look to add a little wow factor to it? Perhaps a pattern or something so it's not looking so plain (personally I think a nice dark gradient would suit nicely) but patterns always deter from that plain look. Style is looking exceptional though i really do like this one, especially the node icons which look real sharp.

Hopefully you won't see this as imposing but what about something like the following (i've attached a gradient)

Code:
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-grad.png") repeat-x scroll top center #282727;
    border: 1px solid #282727;
    border-radius: 4px;
I'm sure you'll come up with something better judging by that great looking style but just offering up some further input on the matter. :)

Attachments

• category-grad.webp
    category-grad.webp
    80 bytes · Views: 7
Thanks very much, it's my first attempt at doing a style, took me a whole day to complete though lol. - Adding a pattern is a good idea, I'll research how to do this.

Thanks very much, it's my first attempt at doing a style, took me a whole day to complete though lol. - Adding a pattern is a good idea, I'll research how to do this.

This is how that gradient would look with some css tweaking that i posted. (i removed the green line in firebug) you could also float an image to the right inside the categorystrip and overlay it on the gradient for uniqueness as seen here except with your own imagery related to your niche. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/well-than-critique-my-site-animelon-com.16305/#post-215218

xbox.webp

WTH? Seriously? Stop making the rest of us look bad. :D :eek:(y) If this is your first attempt I'd really like to see what else you come up with, again an even more outstanding job.

Okay, I'm bumping this thread because I've done quite alot of work to the resource manager area, I'd like feedback on the game pages, eg: GTAV Game page (+tabbed content)

Suggestions for what should be added/removed/changed are more than welcome. Cheers :)

Also like feedback on news comments, here - I know it's using Disqus, but it's the only way I'm able to get comments directly related to individual news articles.

What are you using for the games pages? Is that a modified resource manager or custom? Looks really nice.

You might want to take "community" out of the link in the first post. Doesn't seem to apply anymore.

EDIT: Never mind I see you said RM in your post. lol

What are you using for the games pages? Is that a modified resource manager or custom? Looks really nice.

You might want to take "community" out of the link in the first post. Doesn't seem to apply anymore.

EDIT: Never mind I see you said RM in your post. lol

I tried removing the link yesterday, but there's a time limit on editing posts.

Yes, it's just a modified version of the standard RM.

Top Bottom