xBox One = Lose

TPerry

Well, come to find out you can't chat with your friends that have the xBox 360. Guess I shoulda done more reading. Overall I like the console, but this is going to be a deal breaker. I upgraded my BF4 and COD Ghosts to the One version - and in BF 4 I can't even play with my friends on the 360. Apparently they use different servers?
Maybe I'll just get my money back and grab a PS/4 instead. :confused:

I have a PS4 I can send messages to my friends but they can't see me on. I can see them on. I can't play with friends who have BF4 or Ghosts on the PS3. They are separate servers.

I like the PS4 more then the XB1 but I wouldn't jump on a trade in over the fact you can't talk with friends from a prior console? lol PS4 doesn't give you that ability either.

I have a PS4 I can send messages to my friends but they can't see me on. I can see them on. I can't play with friends who have BF4 or Ghosts on the PS3. They are separate servers.

I like the PS4 more then the XB1 but I wouldn't jump on a trade in over the fact you can't talk with friends from a prior console? lol PS4 doesn't give you that ability either.
yeah, but if I'm going to lose my ability to play - I'd rather go with a different console. The party play is what I enjoyed. I guess I could go and buy my games back and then use the xBox One when I'm the only one playing but if I'm going to party up kick in the Halo Edition 360. :cautious:

I don't think those systems are worth buying just yet.
The BF 4 game play is a LOT smoother on the One than it was on the 360. I kept getting lockups when playing online with the 360 version. I can't believe that their servers aren't cross-platform compatible for at least the 360/One series.

I saw how beautiful those games are compared to last gen. If GTA was cross platform and available for both systems I'd get an xbone but I aint getting one yet. It will be probably a year or so until I start caring. GTA 5 Online really extended the life of my 360.

I saw how beautiful those games are compared to last gen. If GTA was cross platform and available for both systems I'd get an xbone but I aint getting one yet. It will be probably a year or so until I start caring. GTA 5 Online really extended the life of my 360.
Don't worry, they'll do an enhanced version for PS4/One/PC before you know it... :whistle:

Don't worry, they'll do an enhanced version for PS4/One/PC before you know it... :whistle:
i used to think that but the way things are going I don't think it will be as soon as people think. The way online is set up you either have to cheat or use microtransactions to get millions of dollars. They are cracking down on cheaters so hard that you'll have no choice but to buy microtransactions. I believe Rockstar's current focus is micro-transactions which is partially why heists haven't been released yet. If they are focusing on microtransactions then a xbone one or ps4 version is probably further off. Also they are having so many issues with their servers they are probably looking to stabilize their current issues first.

yeah, but if I'm going to lose my ability to play - I'd rather go with a different console. The party play is what I enjoyed. I guess I could go and buy my games back and then use the xBox One when I'm the only one playing but if I'm going to party up kick in the Halo Edition 360. :cautious:
Yeah honestly the titles available right now are bleh. People are always asking me "WHICH CONSOLE SHOULD I BUY?!!!!" and I'm just gonna be honest the specs really don't mean much to most people who play. I mean it should mean something to them but it doesn't because they don't understand it. Titles are what matter in the console wars these days. If Ryse and Killer Instinct are tickling their interest, then I suggest the XB1. If Infamous, Killzone, The Order, and a quite a few more titles are tickling their interest, then I suggest the PS4 lol.
XB1 really sounds like a nice all around entertainment system, but I prefer the exclusive titles on PS4 (not to mention it's $100 less).

I'm waiting for Watch Dogs and Infamous. I was going to get the PS4 end of this month or in early January but my brother in law decided he wanted one. He realized he'd have no one to play with so he bought me one lol! Just playing ghosts on there now. I like that my account isn't reset and the data travels back and forth.

I read an article about the two consoles and the rip-off pricing of games. I think the title said it best "Your next console should be a PC". << strongly believe that.

I think the hype over the consoles is amazing and really can't see the whole fuss with them. I'll be purchasing one of the two (since my younger brother wants one) infact he wants both but I'm only purchasing one for him.

Over hyped, Crappy launch game selection and from what I read and viewed the consoles arent really offering anything ground breaking.

I don't think those systems are worth buying just yet.

Well said. It's like with Apple... it's more hype and overrated marketing than substance imo.

I read an article about the two consoles and the rip-off pricing of games. I think the title said it best "Your next console should be a PC". << strongly believe that.
If it means Windows 8, no thanks. ;)

I think the hype over the consoles is amazing and really can't see the whole fuss with them. I'll be purchasing one of the two (since my younger brother wants one) infact he wants both but I'm only purchasing one for him.
Over hyped, Crappy launch game selection and from what I read and viewed the consoles arent really offering anything ground breaking.
From what I experienced, the game play quality and look on BF4 was MUCH improved over the 360 version. I'm happy with that - and if I didn't have so many friends that I play online with I'd stick with it solely. I just can't justify the console when 100% of my friends are still on xBox 360.

I haven't even opened the COD Ghost - but have found out that you can get a digital copy of the xBox One version some way for $10 and have both.. am researching that now. In that case I may end up keeping it as people will be upgrading.

If it means Windows 8, no thanks. ;)

From what I experienced, the game play quality and look on BF4 was MUCH improved over the 360 version. I'm happy with that - and if I didn't have so many friends that I play online with I'd stick with it solely. I just can't justify the console when 100% of my friends are still on xBox 360.

Good god. Yeah. Win8 is a showstopper. :D but your not limited to win8 There's the mac, there's linux. There's win7 and lastly there's xenforo - it just works << sorry had to finsh off by saying that it just felt right. :P

Graphics however does not make a great game ( I can't accept that as a pro) reason. But then, i don't have to since I'm not purchasing one for myself. I mainly think the hype of it all is staggering that some people will go into a state of denial and think it's the best thing since sliced bread, when it's far from it.

Good god. Yeah. Win8 is a showstopper. :D but your not limited to win8 There's the mac, there's linux. There's win7 and lastly there's xenforo - it just works << sorry had to finsh off by saying that it just felt right. :p
Let's see.... Debian Wheezy (check) Ubuntu Pangolin (Check), OpenSuse (Check), Fedora 19 (Check), Windows 7 (check), OS/X Mavericks (Check), Windows 8.1 (BARF).... think I already have my OS bases covered. :ROFLMAO:

Graphics however does not make a great game ( I can't accept that as a pro) reason. But then, i don't have to since I'm not purchasing one for myself. I mainly think the hype of it all is staggering that some people will go into a state of denial and think it's the best thing since sliced bread, when it's far from it.
Actually it does... apparently the higher graphics capability allows them more leeway on expanding the ability of certain stuff (first thing comes to mind is the smoke grenade in COD Ghosts). From what I am reading that is where a LOT of the incompatibility in the One vs 360 comes into play. Solved the problem and went to GameStop and purchased BF/4 (was only $24.99) and COD Ghosts ($44.99) for the 360. Still came out ahead.

It is simple why they block you from playing with your friends on the 360, for the same reason they won't let you play cross platform. They want to sell consoles so they can sell more games (it is the games they are making money on, hardware sales is pure loss for them).

I ditched console a few years ago, and I haven't looked back at all. Games are cheaper on the PC, so I can buy more games. Also, there is allot more games available for PC, only ones you are really missing out on is the few exclusive, but in turn you get access to allot more indie games that often offers allot of gameplay for low cost. If you are looking at lifetime cost of a PC versus a console, I think you can turn the number in favor of PC, even with the higher initial investment.

Let's see.... Debian Wheezy (check) Ubuntu Pangolin (Check), OpenSuse (Check), Fedora 19 (Check), Windows 7 (check), OS/X Mavericks (Check), Windows 8.1 (BARF).... think I already have my OS bases covered. :ROFLMAO:

Actually it does... apparently the higher graphics capability allows them more leeway on expanding the ability of certain stuff (first thing comes to mind is the smoke grenade in COD Ghosts). From what I am reading that is where a LOT of the incompatibility in the One vs 360 comes into play. Solved the problem and went to GameStop and purchased BF/4 (was only $24.99) and COD Ghosts ($44.99) for the 360. Still came out ahead.

Graphics do not make a great game. (I'm sticking with that argument) it just doesn't. Without great gameplay a game is nothing more than an awesome paperweight (Diablo 3) in my case (not that the visuals were exceedingly great. Sure, beautiful visuals are a bonus don't get me wrong, I like a game that really does give you eyecandy but good graphics alone does not make a great game. :p

Just out of curiosity. You didn't purchase the new console for visuals? The difference between the x360 isn't a giant leap, not really to the xboxone. The graphics from the original xbox to the xbox360 that's another story when you leap from standard definition to high the difference is more than noticeable.

That being said. *wait's for mariokart for the wiiu* pending the company don't go bust before release. :D

Graphics do not make a great game. (I'm sticking with that argument) it just doesn't. Without great gameplay a game is nothing more than an awesome paperweight (Diablo 3) in my case (not that the visuals were exceedingly great. Sure, beautiful visuals are a bonus don't get me wrong, I like a game that really does give you eyecandy but good graphics alone does not make a great game. :p

Just out of curiosity. You didn't purchase the new console for visuals? The difference between the x360 isn't a giant leap, not really to the xboxone. The graphics from the original xbox to the xbox360 that's another story when you leap from standard definition to high the difference is more than noticeable.

That being said. *wait's for mariokart for the wiiu* pending the company don't go bust before release. :D
Primarily bought it because of Titanfall. And not for the "graphics" but the graphics processing power difference. The 360 was getting a little long in the tooth.
Forza 5 ROCKS! Just got it and took a new cell phone over to give my son and showed him... guess what followed me home. :LOL:
He's a big racing fan and now he's thinking about getting one just for Forza.

Primarily bought it because of Titanfall. And not for the "graphics" but the graphics processing power difference. The 360 was getting a little long in the tooth.
Forza 5 ROCKS! Just got it and took a new cell phone over to give my son and showed him... guess what followed me home. :LOL:

I have to admit, I'm badly waiting for Titanfall myself (PC version). :D The game/gameplay looks really good.

Ah I see. I was curious because i know a few people primarily purchasing it for the visuals (thinking they'll get something that is revolutionary). Yeah, the faster processor definitely a good thing. I'm not saying the consoles are a terrible upgrade, I guess my argument was visuals don't make a game great. HAHA from what I've seen Forza5 does look pretty damn good but I think personally that game as always looked good (never played it myself) I'm a TOCA fan or I used to be. :D

It's just the hype I think that gets me. I personally feel however that the best is yet to come from both consoles and I read today Europeans are not going to get all the PSN features initially on PSN but yet people are going mental over the things.

My older brother came for a visit earlier (yesterday evening) about the same time we started discussing this. And he's all excited about getting the (PS4) I automatically thought of this thread and said "nice one" he'll debate tooth and nail for the playstation and thinks it some gift from the gods. :P :LOL:

I mean, when it's all said and done (as much as I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding either console) if your getting enjoyment from them that's what matters but I doubt I'll ever be purchasing one since I enjoy FPS mainly with a mouse and keyboard, I never could play FPS with a gamepad there just too fiddly. But Titanfall, heck yeah, that is one game I'm eagerly waiting for. :D

I was very much in the PS4 hype. It's just exciting! I agree that both systems, Xbox One and the PS4, don't have a launch lineup that makes them worth buying. I knew I would want a PS4 early next year (FFXIV in February, The Order 1886, Destiny), and was able to snag a preorder, so I bought now to avoid the possible shortages later. I enjoyed Contrast quite a bit and Resogun is also good fun, but my primary system is still my PS3. My PS4 is a nice bit of eye candy, though.

I have some issues with the Xbox One, but overall I really see it as a jack of all trades and a master of none. They've stretched themselves a little too thin, trying to do too much, whereas Sony retains its focus on gaming. I'd love to get into PC gaming, especially since I can easily use my DS4 for most PC games (just not used to keyboard & mouse), but a $400 console is a lot more affordable than building a gaming rig.

Forgot to ask. What's the noise level like on the xboxone? I know the xbox360 could get really bad with the noisy fan and was wondering whether the xboxone corrected this (what I think is an issue)?

Forgot to ask. What's the noise level like on the xboxone? I know the xbox360 could get really bad with the noisy fan and was wondering whether the xboxone corrected this (what I think is an issue)?
My Mac Mini is louder than mine currently.:cool:

Top Bottom