Xbox one and CoD: Ghosts

BTW does anyone know if they will port over trophys or achivement scores with the account on the newer consoles? Or will everyone's score start from 0?

I don't know... It is Microsoft.

It's like every other project they release is horrible, but they make up for it a bit with the next one. Not enough to forgive them (No one will ever forgive them for the torture that was Windows ME), but enough to give them a second chance.

That's why I would wait for their 2nd or 3rd generation console.

I didn't buy my xbox till the last release before the xbox S. Then a year later I swapped it and got the xbox S.

Although Sony did well and had less console die. But their ps3 slim also did better.

I never rush for the latest products.. I don't need them right away nor do I want to be stuck with bugs or crappy hardware.

Hopefully it's quieter (though I think later editions of the 360 addressed the issue).

It's like my living room was an airport, at times, and my 360 was a jet plane ready for takeoff -- the fans were so damn loud.

Hopefully it's quieter (though I think later editions of the 360 addressed the issue).

It's like my living room was an airport, at times, and my 360 was a jet plane ready for takeoff -- the fans were so damn loud.
It is quieter, near silent were their exact words in the reveal.

It is quieter, near silent were their exact words in the reveal.

Good, thats good news! We use our current 360 in our bedroom to stream netflix to the tele and my wife likes to watch as she sleeps. Its like a rocket going off sometimes.

Also, we can turn all the radiators in our room off in the winter and the xbox literally keeps us warm, sometimes too warm. /shrugs.

Good, thats good news! We use our current 360 in our bedroom to stream netflix to the tele and my wife likes to watch as she sleeps. Its like a rocket going off sometimes.

Also, we can turn all the radiators in our room off in the winter and the xbox literally keeps us warm, sometimes too warm. /shrugs.
Haha tell me about it, it's been a great console, but I certainly wont miss the sound of the DVD drive trying to take off, or the industrial fan!

I don't know... It is Microsoft.

It's like every other project they release is horrible, but they make up for it a bit with the next one. Not enough to forgive them (No one will ever forgive them for the torture that was Windows ME), but enough to give them a second chance.
I think Microsoft likes to do something good every other project. Windows XP was good, Vista was bad, Windows 7 was good, Windows 8 is by all means bad.

Xbox 360 was really good, Xbox One might be really really bad?

Oh well, at least they're consistent I guess.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/

Here's a breakdown on the hardware compared between the two. Given the current game lineup, the hardware, and just the mistakes XBOX has made so far with their presentation and damage control I can already say the PS4 is what I'll probably end up getting.

Which is funny, because I was mocking the hell out of the PS4 only a few months ago for how bad their announcement was. I never though Microsoft would do one even worse.

I think Microsoft likes to do something good every other project. Windows XP was good, Vista was bad, Windows 7 was good, Windows 8 is by all means bad.

That's pretty much how it has always been, though Vista wasn't as bad as most people made it out to be if you took the time to set up the OS in the 30 minutes that was required.

Here's a breakdown on the hardware compared between the two. Given the current game lineup, the hardware, and just the mistakes XBOX has made so far with their presentation and damage control I can already say the PS4 is what I'll probably end up getting.

Which is funny, because I was mocking the hell out of the PS4 only a few months ago for how bad their announcement was. I never though Microsoft would do one even worse.

That's pretty much how it has always been, though Vista wasn't as bad as most people made it out to be if you took the time to set up the OS in the 30 minutes that was required.

I just found vista was a bit slow, other than that it seemed to work okay. They pushed windows 7 out which fixed all my issues anyway, so I was happy again.

I now use Windows 7 and MacOS at home and find moving between the two to be okay.

The xbox announcement was a bit of a farce to be fair, but it hasn't put me off. We shall see what is 100% confirmed at the E3 convention and i'll make my decisions from there.

I've used Vista for years and while it worked reasonably well, it had some major issues in the beginning, it was rather slow and had some smaller issues as well. Windows 7 was basically "what Vista should have been".

I've used Vista for years and while it worked reasonably well, it had some major issues in the beginning, it was rather slow and had some smaller issues as well. Windows 7 was basically "what Vista should have been".

XP was a good operating system. In fact, in my workplace we have around a 70 / 30 mix in favor of XP running on the machines currently. The other 30% run windows 7. They are fundamentally the same in terms of usability, but with added extras such as a better UI and better security measures. Everything had remained were you expected to find it, which is what people dislike so much about windows 8.

Anyway, this has little to do with the Xbox One. (Still a rubbish name!).

The Xbox line doesnt get much influence from 'the real Microsoft'. They keep the Xbox division completely separate from everyone else, and its just as well. It's widely know that the big problem with Microsoft is that there is an internal conflict. Departments really dont work well together, and its caused thousands of decent products to never make it much past the planning stages as departments wont work together.

It's existed since the late 90s.

Xbox in comparison are literally only working with management, who then reassign people from other departments to the Xbox group (aka MS Entertainment). They even went to lengths to not have the Xbox people on the same campus as the Windows people.

I just found vista was a bit slow, other than that it seemed to work okay. They pushed windows 7 out which fixed all my issues anyway, so I was happy again.

I now use Windows 7 and MacOS at home and find moving between the two to be okay.

The xbox announcement was a bit of a farce to be fair, but it hasn't put me off. We shall see what is 100% confirmed at the E3 convention and i'll make my decisions from there.

Other than a few performance fixes with some editing you can make Vista as good as Windows 7 in stability and peformance.

I might change my mind at some point, however the game line-up doesn't interest me and there are just too many issues with the always-on-always-listening Kinect for me to choose the XBOX.

And honestly they've had too much back and forth on what they've said. First they say nothing is true... Then they contradict that in the same statement or in one later on.

Also the XBOX isn't looking much more powerful than a enthusiast gamer rig which I could easily make myself and just wait for it to be emulated (Which will happen quickly as it is based on x64).

Is the kinect built into the box? I don't think so, in which case the "always listening" kinect can probably be unplugged or deactivated.

Is the kinect built into the box? I don't think so, in which case the "always listening" kinect can probably be unplugged or deactivated.
It isn't, but it's a major portion of the new functionality.

I've yet to see anything that actually makes me want to buy the XBOX One.

EDIT: The affiliated podcast at my gaming site covered the XBOX in their episode this week.

They've got a few good points and are generally worth listening too if you've got an interest in gaming.

And the thing is, the OS that's inside Xbox One? Windows 8.

Other than a few performance fixes with some editing you can make Vista as good as Windows 7 in stability and peformance.

I might change my mind at some point, however the game line-up doesn't interest me and there are just too many issues with the always-on-always-listening Kinect for me to choose the XBOX.

And honestly they've had too much back and forth on what they've said. First they say nothing is true... Then they contradict that in the same statement or in one later on.

Also the XBOX isn't looking much more powerful than a enthusiast gamer rig which I could easily make myself and just wait for it to be emulated (Which will happen quickly as it is based on x64).

That depends on the price. I mean the price you can get an xbox 360 for us much cheaper than a gaming rig. Sure a gaming rid will LOOK better and be better. But for the price I wouldn't go for a gaming rig.

But I assume the new consoles will hit the $700 mark. And in that case a rig is cheaper to build/get.

Top Bottom