Xbox one and CoD: Ghosts

It's actually not. Look at it next to the controller, and you'll see its only slightly larger than the existing 360 - the initial promo shots were a bit misleading on size.
I think the controllers are big, too, so that doesn't really help me :p

In any case, I dont see why that would matter. People would be pretty stupid to base their console choice on looks or size. Its the games and performance that count ;)
Maybe you've been listening to your woman a little too much, in regards to the size not mattering. In all serious though, I do take into account how big the device is when purchasing. It's not stupid at all to see what works best for my setup.

Maybe you've been listening to your woman a little too much, in regards to the size not mattering. In all serious though, I do take into account how big the device is when purchasing. It's not stupid at all to see what works best for my setup.
So you're telling me you'd quite happily buy an inferior games console just because its a bit smaller and more shiny? To each his own I guess...

So you're telling me you'd quite happily buy an inferior games console just because its a bit smaller and more shiny? To each his own I guess...
Not at all. But please tell me you remember the original Xbox. You might as well have bought a PC that would have performed a lot better than that thing. But yes, to each his own...

The XBOX One will call home every 24 hours (supposedly mandatory)
^^^^ As you have quoted as saying yourself ^^^^

Guess what happens if xBox One can't call home for more than X day and you try to play a game? :(

An Internet Connection is required.

I guess you could argue that you "own it" in the since that it will turn on and off. You'll be able to navigate through the menus. And any music or movie you pop in will of course play.

But the actual gaming function, you don't own. That function is "leased" as a service of xBox Live.

Now hopefully someone within Microsoft will change this before its released.

Guess what happens if xBox One can't call home for more than X day and you try to play a game? :(

An Internet Connection is required.

Cant seem to find where that was mentioned, any link/source? Sucks if its correct.

Now hopefully someone within Microsoft will change this before its released.

If they have any sense they will remove it. They removed the always-on part, and the limitation on resold games not working at all (altho from the sounds of it you need to pay some sort of 'transfer fee' if you buy secondhand). I cant imagine they will leave anything in there that will jeopardise sales. Having it call home and stop working if it doesn't really has zero benefit to them, other than for maybe checking for software updates.

Cant seem to find where that was mentioned, any link/source? Sucks if its correct.

If they have any sense they will remove it. They removed the always-on part, and the limitation on resold games not working at all (altho from the sounds of it you need to pay some sort of 'transfer fee' if you buy secondhand). I cant imagine they will leave anything in there that will jeopardise sales. Having it call home and stop working if it doesn't really has zero benefit to them, other than for maybe checking for software updates.

My source is watching the Microsoft MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/) intro to Microsoft xBox One, which was live streamed to Microsoft Connect & MSDN members sometimes after the main advent.

The concept idea was to help prevent "boot legging" of games and circumventing the "in-house sales" of retail and used games.

The thing for me is how much of a difference the RAM will actually make. I'm assuming it might mean games will load faster on a ps4 than the xbox.
And that would play a HUGE factor, if the level loading time can be decreased... I could see a lot of people forking extra $$ just for that to get a ps4.

There will be a huge difference in RAM. Not to mention that unified RAM gives better stability, performance and responsiveness. Not sure if there will be a change in loading speeds however.

Which means most of the games will require it, which actually reduces the value of the console, IMO. EA already forces the Origin network on anyone buying any of their games, only way to avoid it, is to avoid EA. Always fun to have to agree to multiple EULA, privacy agreements etc everytime you want to play a game...

I think pretty early on it was rumored that they shared the same APU, but I think the difference will be neglible. I think it would make more of an impact if Sony added in support for DirectX, as it was rumored they would do. As it seems now, I would think the best console would be whichever decides to allow users to replace their harddrives, especially since it seems they will install all games on your drive.

They share the same APU architecture, but I'm not sure if it's the same APU. AMD has stated the one in the PS4 is their most powerful to date, and the benchmarks are different.

I imagine the ram will make a difference. The responsiveness of the xbox during the xbox reveal presentation made me think that perhaps it works like android and leaves apps/etc in memory for quicker access.

XBOX is probably using 1333 DDR3 :ROFLMAO:.

Why dont you just read Larry´s Blog where he is posting about "Used Games"
http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

There´s btw also a rumor about the new Camera which shall watch you 24/7 ;)

What he says doesn't clear up what was asked.

Yes, you can play games at peoples houses, but you need to be in your account. That doesn't mean that they can use your game if you loan it to them without using your account.

I haven't heard anything about the camera watching 24/7, but only listening.

I think the controllers are big, too, so that doesn't really help me :p

People don't realize the controller is a big reason why buy systems, especially if games are on both platforms usually.

Though truthfully there are a lot of custom controller makers, and if you have bigger/smaller hands there is always an alternative.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109 (Only using it because I'm too lazy to find the other articles).

I haven't heard anything about what happens if it doesn't call home because that isn't something that has been officially stated (as far as I'm aware) and there are only rumors.

People wondering about the size of the console, just look at the disc drive, the console in width is about the same as 2 disc drives plus a few more cm or maybe an inch or 2 more in length.

In my opinon Microsoft won the controller war, and I can't wait to use the new one, the D-Pad looks fantastic now.

But about specs and more info about the console just wait 17 more days and we'll find out more about it even if their press conference at E3 will most likely be about mainly software (games) rather then hardware.

Here's a link that refutes peoples' claims of "always connected". It's really about developers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/x...s-online-connection-itll-be-online-6C10017092

The big question is whether developers will start using Windows Azure (Microsoft Cloud storage) in their games. If they do, they will require an internet connection to access that content.
The console requires that it call home at least every 24 hours. That is close enough to being always online.

For the most part Microsoft is releasing vague answers and dodging all the concerns of potential customers.

People wondering about the size of the console, just look at the disc drive, the console in width is about the same as 2 disc drives plus a few more cm or maybe an inch or 2 more in length.

In my opinon Microsoft won the controller war, and I can't wait to use the new one, the D-Pad looks fantastic now.

But about specs and more info about the console just wait 17 more days and we'll find out more about it even if their press conference at E3 will most likely be about mainly software (games) rather then hardware.

Anyone who is truly concerned about how the controller is doesn't use the standard one anyways. There are plenty of ergonomic e-sport controllers that are made with higher-end materials.

The console requires that it call home at least every 24 hours. That is close enough to being always online.
That's still speculation at this stage.

Dont forget that people (including the big game sites) were adamant that the console was going to require always on - that turned out to be a load of rubbish. Lets wait till we hear it from the horses mouth before declaring fallacy.

Dont forget that people (including the big game sites) were adamant that the console was going to require always on - that turned out to be a load of rubbish. Lets wait till we hear it from the horses mouth before declaring fallacy.
You've got to wonder if that's because they were wrong, or because they were upset that Microsoft pulled that trick and MS decided to change that last minute based on the... feedback.

Having to check in every 24 hour hours is pretty much the same as requiring an internet connection. If I want to play offline, I want to play offline, and not have an internet connection for crap.

They've also stated that games will be tied to an account, and that people can play games at their friends houses if they login. They avoid the subject entirely about whether there is a fee or not because they do not directly answer the question as it is phrased.

Also the always online thing has been proven to be true, but it is up to the developers. So the ability is there for all games.

You've got to wonder if that's because they were wrong, or because they were upset that Microsoft pulled that trick and MS decided to change that last minute based on the... feedback.
It's not really the news sites' fault. Microsoft employees that leaked info to these sites are at fault here. Over the last 5 months now, one employee's comment spread like wildfire, and had to delete his own LinkedIn profile and was ultimately released by Microsoft. Now that the console has been revealed, they shoot themselves in the foot right in front of everyone with this "always on" debacle. Should've been up front from the get-go at the reveal.
I imagine the ram will make a difference. The responsiveness of the xbox during the xbox reveal presentation made me think that perhaps it works like android and leaves apps/etc in memory for quicker access.
Just an FYI: The presentation of the features were not in real time.

One sec. Getting link now.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-voice-commands-not-in-real-time-at-reveal-event

From IGN: http://me.ign.com/en/news/11383/fyi-the-xbox-one-voice-commands-weren-t-in-real-time

Which means if the PS4 did that.. then it would be much faster than the xbox one.

Just an FYI: The presentation of the features were not in real time.

One sec. Getting link now.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-voice-commands-not-in-real-time-at-reveal-event

From IGN: http://me.ign.com/en/news/11383/fyi-the-xbox-one-voice-commands-weren-t-in-real-time
There's no reason to suspect that the Xbox One won't react to voice commands instantly.

My current 360 + Kinect currently does, there's no reason for such an improvement in hardware only to make the voice recognition worse.

There's no reason to suspect that the Xbox One won't react to voice commands instantly.

My current 360 + Kinect currently does, there's no reason for such an improvement in hardware only to make the voice recognition worse.
I don't know... It is Microsoft.

It's like every other project they release is horrible, but they make up for it a bit with the next one. Not enough to forgive them (No one will ever forgive them for the torture that was Windows ME), but enough to give them a second chance.

Top Bottom