Xbox one and CoD: Ghosts

By this logic, you can't trust anyone in a forum :LOL:
I'd agree with you to some extent.

Don't trust anyone on a forum with information unless it's (a) their own experience/product/service and/or (b) it's backed up by reputable sources known for their truthfulness.
Have you seen some of the stupid crap that gets posted here, or on other sites?

So supposedly Microsoft is now claiming that there will be no fee, and that the quote/discussion was taken out of context or misunderstood so I'm going to wait till they release more information because I do not see them allowing installs on any # of games. If games are required to be activated they'll probably require de-activation per-account or console which still will be a bit problematic when sharing games.

Eh, we are talking about personal user experience here. If I browse a random forum and see someone posting their own experience with Gamestop, I have no reason to assume that they is a lyer.

So supposedly Microsoft is now claiming that there will be no fee, and that the quote/discussion was taken out of context or misunderstood so I'm going to wait till they release more information because I do not see them allowing installs on any # of games. If games are required to be activated they'll probably require de-activation per-account or console which still will be a bit problematic when sharing games.
They should leave it as it is: let the game developers (EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc) deal with the subscriptions and activations.

I'm a huge xbox fan since it first came out xbox original.

I moved to 360 because of halo and I already had an xbox.

But I have to say xbox One seems like they pushed out something for the SAKE of pushing it out.

I think the PS4 specs outbeat xbox one from what has been told.

I never went to PS3 because the price was much higher and I HATE the ps3 controller. I LOVE the xbox controller.

Now if sony only made the controller better and keeps a reasonable price to the xbox one. Then I might port over to sony for once...

One thing that will affect me this time around will also be what my friends get. I have a feeling they will all go for a pS4.. so it may be the same for me.

I've never seen that issue in the US, but I'll ask my friend who works there.

It happens a lot in Canada too.

I remember the used price of COD MW3 was $64.99 and buying it new is $69,99

It makes no sense... In fact sometimes their USED game costs more than their new games.

This is how they make their MONEY. They don't make much from selling new items. They make almost all their profit from selling used games and part of the profit also comes from gaming companies. Some gaming companies pay EBGames/Gamestop extra to promote and sell their games.

Didn't you read their CEO's letter? He was worried about the future, because he knows MS and Sony and developers want to cut down on used games . If that happens GS and EB are dead... or have to find a new way to sell games.

No offence to them.. but MS and Sony are better off selling games directly by creating their OWN Virtual online stores. As a business it's the way to make the most profit. As a customer it means we will not always get the best deals any more.

I think the argument before was that the used game cost MORE than the new one.

Yeah I seen that happen many times.

But I also don't see a difference in 5 dollars for a used/new game. I rather pay the extra $5 and get something new.

But it shows how the prices are just crazy.
I never bought or played used games.. never will. So it doesn't affect me at all.

The XboxSupport twitter account has stated that the fee's for playing used games was fake. Ehhhh, I'll just wait until E3 to find out the details of the console etc.

The XboxSupport twitter account has stated that the fee's for playing used games was fake. Ehhhh, I'll just wait until E3 to find out the details of the console etc.
http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

Notice the last 8 words: while you are signed in to your profile.

So, Larry's hinting there that games are tied to user profiles etc etc, so to play a game at a friend's house you'd have to log into your own gamertag at their house and play it that way.

They should leave it as it is: let the game developers (EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc) deal with the subscriptions and activations.

Which means that EA will shoehorn their crappy Origin network onto every single game.

Developers will also have the choice to force always online: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407929/always-online-requirement-is-optional-for-xbox-one-devs/

I'm a huge xbox fan since it first came out xbox original.

I moved to 360 because of halo and I already had an xbox.

But I have to say xbox One seems like they pushed out something for the SAKE of pushing it out.

I think the PS4 specs outbeat xbox one from what has been told.

I never went to PS3 because the price was much higher and I HATE the ps3 controller. I LOVE the xbox controller.

Now if sony only made the controller better and keeps a reasonable price to the xbox one. Then I might port over to sony for once...

One thing that will affect me this time around will also be what my friends get. I have a feeling they will all go for a pS4.. so it may be the same for me.

A lot of tech sites are guessing that the APU is the same for the PS4 and the XBOX One, though AMD has stated that the APU in the Playstation is the most powerful they have created to date (and that it'll be available to consumers in the future).

The PS4 is using unified GDDR5 memory, whereas the XBOX is using DDR3.

The new PS4 controller seems to be much more ergonomic than the old one, though I never had much of an issue with them (though I bought a professional gamer one for when I intended to play a lot).

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Notice the last 8 words: while you are signed in to your profile.

So, Larry's hinting there that games are tied to user profiles etc etc, so to play a game at a friend's house you'd have to log into your own gamertag at their house and play it that way.

Which still means that there is no sharing or getting cheap used games.

Which means that EA will shoehorn their crappy Origin network onto every single game.

Developers will also have the choice to force always online: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407929/always-online-requirement-is-optional-for-xbox-one-devs/

A lot of tech sites are guessing that the APU is the same for the PS4 and the XBOX One, though AMD has stated that the APU in the Playstation is the most powerful they have created to date (and that it'll be available to consumers in the future).

The PS4 is using unified GDDR5 memory, whereas the XBOX is using DDR3.

The new PS4 controller seems to be much more ergonomic than the old one, though I never had much of an issue with them (though I bought a professional gamer one for when I intended to play a lot).

Which still means that there is no sharing or getting cheap used games.

The thing for me is how much of a difference the RAM will actually make. I'm assuming it might mean games will load faster on a ps4 than the xbox.
And that would play a HUGE factor, if the level loading time can be decreased... I could see a lot of people forking extra $$ just for that to get a ps4.

Which means most of the games will require it, which actually reduces the value of the console, IMO. EA already forces the Origin network on anyone buying any of their games, only way to avoid it, is to avoid EA. Always fun to have to agree to multiple EULA, privacy agreements etc everytime you want to play a game...

I think pretty early on it was rumored that they shared the same APU, but I think the difference will be neglible. I think it would make more of an impact if Sony added in support for DirectX, as it was rumored they would do. As it seems now, I would think the best console would be whichever decides to allow users to replace their harddrives, especially since it seems they will install all games on your drive.

The thing for me is how much of a difference the RAM will actually make. I'm assuming it might mean games will load faster on a ps4 than the xbox.
And that would play a HUGE factor, if the level loading time can be decreased... I could see a lot of people forking extra $$ just for that to get a ps4.
I imagine the ram will make a difference. The responsiveness of the xbox during the xbox reveal presentation made me think that perhaps it works like android and leaves apps/etc in memory for quicker access.

hah. It's freakin' huge. I saw a post on facebook about the new XBox. As I was reading, someone posted, "Does it play VHS, too?" :ROFLMAO:
It's actually not. Look at it next to the controller, and you'll see its only slightly larger than the existing 360 - the initial promo shots were a bit misleading on size.

In any case, I dont see why that would matter. People would be pretty stupid to base their console choice on looks or size. Its the games and performance that count ;)

Top Bottom