XBox Live Leaderboard

Aayush

This is shaping up nicely. It'll be nice to replace the old outdated resource that I'm currently using.

On a related note, I was thinking it would be nice to have a gamertag list. Currently my forum uses a stickied thread to keep updated lists of Xbox and PSN gamertags but since people can add this information directly to their profile it seems like an addon could make a more efficient and attractive solution.

vBulletin had this old addon. I was thinking that something similar, maybe as an additional tab in the members page would be nice. Anyone else interested in this idea?

gxboxlive_front-jpg.77575

This is the new thread to discuss the progress of this resource.

It hasn't been updated for over 2 years and the demo site no longer exists. Also seen a post saying xbox one games don't show on it.

My first copy was only about 4 months ago, and it has been updated since then as I did it this morning.

May not do Xbox One, Ive not got anyone on the forum who has one at this point to try it.

How do you get the updates? The site developers site doesn't work and nothing posted here.

I just started coding this. Lucky that you posted this link before I went too far :p

Well, why not actually do code a new version of this and with PSN and XBLIVE leaderboards? IF PSN has something like this at all. Would be a great addon, and 2 years for the old one is a bit... long ago.

Well, why not actually do code a new version of this and with PSN and XBLIVE leaderboards? IF PSN has something like this at all. Would be a great addon, and 2 years for the old one is a bit... long ago.

Both XBox and PSN don't have any API, it's all a bit hacking and a lot of trickery going in the back :P

This is shaping up nicely. It'll be nice to replace the old outdated resource that I'm currently using.

On a related note, I was thinking it would be nice to have a gamertag list. Currently my forum uses a stickied thread to keep updated lists of Xbox and PSN gamertags but since people can add this information directly to their profile it seems like an addon could make a more efficient and attractive solution.

vBulletin had this old addon. I was thinking that something similar, maybe as an additional tab in the members page would be nice. Anyone else interested in this idea?

gxboxlive_front-jpg.77575

This is the new thread to discuss the progress of this resource.

Thanks for starting a new thread but I was hoping for PSN and steam to be included in this when I made this post. I was just using that image as an example.

Also the 2 year old version that's been posted in this thread seems to have some problems and doesn't appear to be supported.

Thanks for starting a new thread but I was hoping for PSN and steam to be included in this when I made this post. I was just using that image as an example.

Also the 2 year old version that's been posted in this thread seems to have some problems and doesn't appear to be supported.

Was trying to get hold of some PSN API, but having a hard time finding one. Steam is a pretty cool, they already have their API available to public. Will try to merge all of them together or probably divide them into tabs.
BTW the other addon might be having troubles, cause XBLive switched their site to JS, now usual PHP scrappers aren't able to scrap that data. People are looking to find their way through it. CasperJS/PhantomJS might come to rescue, but it's too early to say more about it. I've starred the API repo and I'll try to contribute to it whenever possible, but still I'll get the other two running till then.

Was trying to get hold of some PSN API, but having a hard time finding one. Steam is a pretty cool, they already have their API available to public. Will try to merge all of them together or probably divide them into tabs.
BTW the other addon might be having troubles, cause XBLive switched their site to JS, now usual PHP scrappers aren't able to scrap that data. People are looking to find their way through it. CasperJS/PhantomJS might come to rescue, but it's too early to say more about it. I've starred the API repo and I'll try to contribute to it whenever possible, but still I'll get the other two running till then.

I was just researching Xbox API and realized this was a more complicated request than I initially thought.

One request, I already have custom user fields where my members entered their gamertags, could you provide an option in your addon to use existing field IDs?

I was just researching Xbox API and realized this was a more complicated request than I initially thought.

One request, I already have custom user fields where my members entered their gamertags, could you provide an option in your addon to use existing field IDs?

I haven't done something like that before, cause usually we add the custom field when installing the addon.

Maybe I could help you port the custom field to a new name. ;)

I haven't done something like that before, cause usually we add the custom field when installing the addon.

Maybe I could help you port the custom field to a new name. ;)

Ok either that or I'll just change the field in your code manually. I already have field names like xbox and psn in use and I imagine others do too so perhaps you should preface your field with a unique prefix so there's no installation issues.

Last edited:
I'm sure you have seen this @Aayush

https://xboxleaders.com/get-started/

Steam does have a API, but seeing how there is one Steam add-on that I'm sure most gaming forums use maybe you could extend things from it.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/steam-authentication-integration.1336/

As for PSN it seems it is the hardest to obtain the API but I did see this which looks active.

http://psnapi.org/

--

With the simple little add-on I have been working on I can see a lot of conflicts going on with new user fields and such. So maybe combining things would be best for the community here.

The current xbox leaderboards add-on does have its issues and will not work with the Xbox One leaderboards I don't think.

I'm sure you have seen this @Aayush

https://xboxleaders.com/get-started/

Steam does have a API, but seeing how there is one Steam add-on that I'm sure most gaming forums use maybe you could extend things from it.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/steam-authentication-integration.1336/

As for PSN it seems it is the hardest to obtain the API but I did see this which looks active.

http://psnapi.org/

--

With the simple little add-on I have been working on I can see a lot of conflicts going on with new user fields and such. So maybe combining things would be best for the community here.

The current xbox leaderboards add-on does have its issues and will not work with the Xbox One leaderboards I don't think.

Saw the XBoxleaders site. The original developer closed the free hosted API and the XBoxLive website updates broke this API last week only. they are working on v3.0 of the API which might solve the issues, but their release date is expected to be in August. :(

I don't usually prefer to have dependency of my addon on other plugins, cause I always hated myself when I had to install another addon just to use an addon of my choice. I am a strong believer of minimizing the number of steps before you can get hands on the product. Though I'll take a look at that addon and see what it has to offer.

As for the PSN API site, I took a look at it. TBH it's really hard to navigate. :P But I found some really cool guys working really hard and finding innovative ways to make the API work.
I also found a rate limited freemium XBoxLive API service from that site which I am exploring even further.

This is bit of a mess. I just hope I have this mess sorted out in my mind by tomorrow :P

Yea I wonder why the APIs are not more readily available? Steam is about the only one that really open to communities.

Top Bottom