XBox Live Leaderboard

68lm9fl.png

Just been able to code a PSN scrapper in CasperJS. It would require a VPS or a Dedicated server to run the scrapper individually. Just been confused whether to code an API and handle all the dirty work on my server or let the plugin owners scrap the data directly from their servers.

Coding an API to handle this would be a lot easier on non server pros, plus it would easily run even on shared hosting. Plus going the other way would require people to enable exec() in PHP, which I guess nobody would want to... due to potential damage it could cause.

PSN Done!
XBox Live, here I come :P

Update:
I have been able to find a method to scrap the XBox Site though partially. I am planning to code a free API service which would help this plugin get the data in the backend. I managed to get enough time today to get the XBox backend to be working on XF which includes the DB and templates.
I'll take a look into storing the game's images in XF tomorrow and making the reputations better with the help of font-awesome. Or maybe have steam come to pace with the rest of the addon. Well it would just depend on my schedule tomorrow.
If you have any feature requests, shout it out and I'll try my best to integrate it if possible.

Here's a look at the Xbox Live Gamerboard.
Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 6.43.20 PM.webp

Update:
I have been able to find a method to scrap the XBox Site though partially. I am planning to code a free API service which would help this plugin get the data in the backend. I managed to get enough time today to get the XBox backend to be working on XF which includes the DB and templates.
I'll take a look into storing the game's images in XF tomorrow and making the reputations better with the help of font-awesome. Or maybe have steam come to pace with the rest of the addon. Well it would just depend on my schedule tomorrow.
If you have any feature requests, shout it out and I'll try my best to integrate it if possible.

Here's a look at the Xbox Live Gamerboard.
View attachment 77986

Looking good. Can you click on the headers to sort? For example click Username to sort by alphabetical order or Gamer Score to sort by the highest score.

In terms of the APIs and scrapping. I have a good amount of users who will be using this, what type of effect will this have on my server?

Can you click on the headers to sort? For example click Username to sort by alphabetical order or Gamer Score to sort by the highest score.
ATM, no. Didn't know why anyone would want to sort a leaderboard, but still I'll add it

As for the API and scrapping is concerned, I'll have the scrapping done on my own server and have an API which will handle all the data. It will ping my server with each new user whose record you want and every 5 minutes. My API will ping your server with updated data of the requested users which will then be inserted in your server's DB. I will try to keep the request to the bare minimum so your server performance is not affected.

Anybody has a XboxLive Account which is not registered in USA?
It would be great if you could please PM me your gamertag? I want to test the scrapping script.

Thanks!

So I just discovered that the API for XBox One games is different from what I was scrapping now. The one I am scrapping now is only for Xbox 360. This new API scrapping would require a lot more work.
I have found that you can checkout XBox One games and stuff from their iOS app called SmartGlass. I guess I would be sniffing out the traffic and work on breaking their authentication protocol so that I can get access to the vast amount of XboxOne related data which can be used by this addon.

I hope this works out well *fingers crossed*

Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 6.30.35 PM.webp

Argh, the RPS authentication is hard to crack :(
I guess I could just wait for some other people already doing it to finish it.
What do you guy think about using https://xboxapi.com/ in to get the data?

this looks awesome so far i didnt even see this thread having psn and xbox leader boards would be awesome would steam be a possibility?

Well I tried that xboxapi site and talking about the experience that is not something that I had in my mind, the API thing is really really slow. I guess it fetches the data in real time most probably using a JS scrapper. It takes like 5 seconds on my computer and the worst part is that the data is not persisted.

Top Bottom