1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 XAMPP to IIS7

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by MatthewEnderle, Sep 18, 2012.

1. So I recently came across the money to build a nice server with Windows 7 on it. I used to use an old rackmount server i had around with win7 as well. I wanted to upgrade from xampp to iis as I am getting into webdesign more and hosting. The only problem is I can't get my XF installation to go. I have the domain www.divinedynasty.net/ pointing to my public ip and it works as usual. I really just need a guide for migrating all my content over to my new server. I did export the whole database and copied all the files in my xf installation dir. Every time I try to goto the homepage I get redirected to http://www.divinedynasty.net/forum/index.php?portal/portal/ which I presume is a rewrite error. Any ideas how to do fix this?

I do know this XAMPP = htaccess and IIS = web.config

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is a javascript redirect in place:

Code:
    <head>
    <script language="javascript"><!--
    location.replace("http://www.divinedynasty.net/forum/index.php?portal/portal/")
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>

You need to find that redirect. Maybe it's in a different index file in the forum directory?

3. I found it and removed it. there was a reason it was there because I used WP before and had the forums as a subfolder not a domain. Then when I dropped WP I left it in so that their bookmarks work.

Now I am getting a 500 internal error... looking into it

4. ok got it. I just deleted everything and uploaded my files, then I created an SQL query for Navicat. I found out that I had to do SET GLOBAL max_allowed_packet=536870912; because my file was over 52mb. Thanks for the help. And if you care, what do you think of my design work?
    www.divinedynasty.net/