XAMPP & NOD32 Confliction?

James

I've just installed the latest XAMPP (1.7.4 - previously used 1.7.3) and now the apache server won't start.

I did netstat -anobv and found that the process ekrn.exe is using port 80 (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80). The problem I have is that it is a mandatory service that cannot be stopped.

I tried disabling all protection on my anti-virus but apache still doesn't want to start.

Is there a resolution to this that anyone is aware of?

There is most likely a setting in ESET NOD32 to tell it not to camp out on port 80. For the Skype conflict, just tell it not to use port 80 in Tools => Options => Advanced => Connection => Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections.

Changing ports in Skype didn't work for me.
I had to uninstall it, install XAMPP, then reinstall Skype.

I never found a way around IIS though, that did require changing the port for XAMPP.

No need to change Skype's port. Unchecking "Use port 80..." and maybe restarting Skype/the box should do it. Works for me anyway.

Changing ports in Skype didn't work for me.
I had to uninstall it, install XAMPP, then reinstall Skype.

I never found a way around IIS though, that did require changing the port for XAMPP.

It depends on the version of IIS, but for all of them you can set the port bindings for the Default Web Site and as long as you do an iisreset after the change it will free up the port binding.

Changing the ports in the 2 areas in the httpd.conf didn't work - xampp still boots apache on 80.

I haven't got Skype running but it doesn't use port 80 anyway.

Top Bottom