Fixed  WYSIWYG editor issue - font info appearing on preview

Stuart Wright

I composed a post in Word and then pasted it into the new post editor box. When previewing it, there was lots of font HTML text at the top.
There was no way to get rid of this without copying the content into and back out of notepad to remove it.
Can we have a raw code view of the post content so I can remove it, or do a striptags on it or something? Thanks

There's remove formatting, but the HTML shouldn't get through. Do you still have the Word version? Can you save it and send it to me? (or zip it and attach it)

Does this have anything to do with the FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content) that we see when the WYSIWYG editor loads? You can see HTML and then the editor loads and the text flashes into its styled form. I've been meaning to try and exploit this to see if I can add in my own HTML (to test security of course, not trying to be malicious), but I haven't gotten around to it. :)

I composed a post in Word and then pasted it into the new post editor box. When previewing it, there was lots of font HTML text at the top.
That is standard Microsoft insert code, in case you attach your document to Sharepoint. It stores a bunch of information, used by Sharepoint to do live updates on document, etc. Same with Excel or other Microsoft based documents. Plus, if your Word document contains fancy code not supported by Xen Rich Editor, it will break the page. Best is not to use it and deal directly with the Rich Editor in Xen.

Attached file has a broken image for the .zip?

Screen%20shot%202010-07-31%20at%202.13.28%20PM.png

I've fixed this by adding TinyMCE's paste plugin. It does some other things that I'm not sure about, so we'll have to play with this over time.

Safari5, Mac10.6

When I have something in my clipboard, I want to paste it say 5 times, I have to re-select the textaera in tinymce to get focus on it again, before I can paste again. Every paste = loses focus.

Safari5, Mac10.6

When I have something in my clipboard, I want to paste it say 5 times, I have to re-select the textaera in tinymce to get focus on it again, before I can paste again. Every paste = loses focus.

Can not reproduce. Firefox 3.6.8, Win 7.

Top Bottom