Fixed wrong place inserted when replied

Dadparvar

Affected version
I wanted to reply to a post. I mark the first sentence and wrote my answer and went to next line and marked the second sentence and selected REPLY from the small popup. But it inserted the second quote in the beginning of my text in editor (where it had to insert in at the end of my text)

Using Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android 6.0.1 - Chrome 59.0.3071.125

See the post here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ha-news-ticker-paid.113920/post-1168405

I only managed to reproduce this once with Chrome on iOS, which I believe was because in trying to select the second quote, the selection or caret point in the editor was lost. If I'm careful not to lose the caret, I can insert the second quote at the caret point. We'll need to do further testing with Android devices.

I did reproduce this once or twice in the past, but generally I haven't been able to with any consistency. It worked as I expected in my most recent tests. We have also made a general change that should insert at the end instead of the beginning if there's no caret position known, so that may well help as well.

Overall, I think I'm going to have to call this fixed as I can't really trigger it now, but if there are specific/consistent steps to reproduce, please let us know.

Top Bottom