Write before registering statistics

nrep

It would be very useful to see statistics on how many registrations and posts have have processed via the write before registering registration method. At the moment, I have no idea how effective it is.(but would guess it's useful).

@Mouth has previously mentioned that other add-ons can extend this method, so would also be useful to see which add-on/product was used.

Upvote 31
there's a flow like
landing page -> make a post -> register -> complete registration (perhaps a sub funnel itself) -> thread view

that can be tracked and captured with ga.push events

I can't see a way to get that working unfortunately, as it goes strait from a post/thread reply > /register/ - so there's no way to tell if they replied to a post or just clicked the register button, at least as far as I can tell.

In our case 98% of such messages are spam:
Code:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xf_pre_reg_action
vs.
Code:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xf_pre_reg_action WHERE action_data LIKE "%http%"
Meaning 2% of users did not register even they posted a message.

Not sure how to pull number of users that did register this way.

I ended up disabling it as well.
Never turned it on. Given the number of spam registration attempts we get as is, it would just exacerbate things. Plus I know at least one banned user who would be trying to use it. As far as I can tell, it would be a make work project for the staff more than anything.

If I did though, I would definitely want to be able to pull stats on it to see if I was actually getting any real registrations out of it.

Top Bottom