1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow: My Google PR

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FredC, Jan 11, 2011.

1. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Im not exactly sure how this happened so quick unless im missing something? Anyways i only just recently moved my largest community from vB4 with a PR2 on the forum index page (forums/index.php) maybe a month ago.. Last night when i went to bed google hadn't even noticed my new XF site with a new URL (community/index.php) I didnt bother with any redirects to any of my forum pages let alone the forum index page.. Anyways this morning i woke up to a nice little surprise with a google PR3 on my new XF forum index page. :D
    Sean S, Dragonfly and Dean like this.
  2. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

Nice, so I guess google is updating the page ranks again. I have been waiting for it since I lost our page rank when we changed domains.
  3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Intersting mine was bumping back and forth between a 2 and 4 every other month.. I just figured it would take the better part of a year to get any PR from Google with the new URL on the forum index not using any redirects. I really was expecting the worse case scenario playing out. ;) I suppose im going to have to re read up on the factors involved in determining PR.
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Where do you check your PR?
  5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I use the google toolbar other then that im sure a google search for a Google PR Checker would produce a few results. ;)
  6. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Thanks guy.
    Checked with toolbar and that prchecker site and both show PR 5 for forum and front page.
    On our way to PR 6 this year.
    Sean S and FredC like this.
  8. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

PageRank is pretty meaningless, and Google has said so themselves (when they removed it from webmaster tools). It doesn't really have a noticeable effect on Google search results.

The only time I see anyone talking about PageRank is when they are trying to sell a site.
    FredC likes this.
  9. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Ugh well that sucks. :oops: Guess i missed that memo. ;)
  10. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Never the less well done VonDoom ....
    FredC likes this.