• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wow: My Google PR

FredC

Im not exactly sure how this happened so quick unless im missing something? Anyways i only just recently moved my largest community from vB4 with a PR2 on the forum index page (forums/index.php) maybe a month ago.. Last night when i went to bed google hadn't even noticed my new XF site with a new URL (community/index.php) I didnt bother with any redirects to any of my forum pages let alone the forum index page.. Anyways this morning i woke up to a nice little surprise with a google PR3 on my new XF forum index page. :D

-GR-

Nice, so I guess google is updating the page ranks again. I have been waiting for it since I lost our page rank when we changed domains.

FredC

Nice, so I guess google is updating the page ranks again. I have been waiting for it since I lost our page rank when we changed domains.
Intersting mine was bumping back and forth between a 2 and 4 every other month.. I just figured it would take the better part of a year to get any PR from Google with the new URL on the forum index not using any redirects. I really was expecting the worse case scenario playing out. ;) I suppose im going to have to re read up on the factors involved in determining PR.

mjp

PageRank is pretty meaningless, and Google has said so themselves (when they removed it from webmaster tools). It doesn't really have a noticeable effect on Google search results.

The only time I see anyone talking about PageRank is when they are trying to sell a site.