XF 2.1 My Google Fonts have just dropped out.. any advice on troubleshooting what's going on would be very much appreciated

entelechy

My SMTP limit was reached for gmail, they directed me to admin.google.com to reset the account and unsuspend gmail.

I did that and it solved the smtp problem, but since then my Google Fonts are not rendering and my forum looks like crap.

Surely these two things can't be connected, but at the same time there's nothing else to explain it. I asked Google and they have no idea and tried to get me to contact my host. It's a self-hosted VPS and no code has changed on my site since before the fonts dropped out.

If anyone has any idea what the heck is going on you'd be really doing me a huge favour because I'm absolutely stumped as to even where to begin to figure this out. Thanks in advance!

No I haven't but I will.

It's making me think though that it's not relating to settings on the site, but instead something from Google's end. Only because nothing changed on the site but then the fonts all of a sudden dropped out as I was adjusting GSuite.. but what I was adjusting in GSuite doesn't seem to be connected to fonts really

Will do Ozzy, thanks for the tip. I'll do that now and see.. I've also got a backup from a couple of hours before this happened.

If it's still happening with no addons I'll try the backup, if it's still happening with the backup then it's got to be something wrong with Google's end, otherwise it was something wrong with my setup. Really appreciate the help

So I quickly just reverted the site to a backup from yesterday when the fonts were working 100% fine and now that backup has broken fonts.

That means that it's not an issue with any of the code on the server itself, but is a problem with Google. Tomorrow I'll check without addons, but if the backup from yesterday is also showing this problem then I think it's pretty conclusive that the problem isn't based in any of the code on the server and I'm going to have to speak with a Google technician to find out why fonts aren't rendering now.

I'm almost certain that there aren't supposed to be spaces between the pipe symbols in the Google Fonts field... if you remove the spaces does it make a difference?

Top Bottom