Wow! Looking great!

MrLeft

Just took a first peak yesterday and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the thought behind almost all details of XF!

Some of you might know me as DJ RRebel on the vB forums and I have extremely vocal at how although I still love vB, it is falling FAR short of its potential. Not only that .. but the development and logic on implementing recent (late 3.x) and new (4.0) features is just totally backwards in many cases!

Although I'm sure it will still be a little while before XF catches up with the feature set of vB, I am EXTREMELY happy to see that virtually every feature of XF seems to be METICULOUSLY thought through and it is an amazing accomplishment that on some issues they are already ahead of vB .. and how on other issues it is very clear that they have laid a foundation with significantly more potential than anything vB could dream of!

I think a big factor is certainly that XF has been able to restart from scratch which makes development infinitely cleaner .. but at the same time I certainly have to give credit to the developers as based on what they have put together so far and the way they have done thing, I can see that it won't be long before they have a great forum!

Just took a first peak yesterday and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the thought behind almost all details of XF!

Some of you might know me as DJ RRebel on the vB forums and I have extremely vocal at how although I still love vB, it is falling FAR short of its potential. Not only that .. but the development and logic on implementing recent (late 3.x) and new (4.0) features is just totally backwards in many cases!

Although I'm sure it will still be a little while before XF catches up with the feature set of vB, I am EXTREMELY happy to see that virtually every feature of XF seems to be METICULOUSLY thought through and it is an amazing accomplishment that on some issues they are already ahead of vB .. and how on other issues it is very clear that they have laid a foundation with significantly more potential than anything vB could dream of!

I think a big factor is certainly that XF has been able to restart from scratch which makes development infinitely cleaner .. but at the same time I certainly have to give credit to the developers as based on what they have put together so far and the way they have done thing, I can see that it won't be long before they have a great forum!
Hey mr left what's up? btw i don't think xenForo should have to catch up to the feature set of vBulletin, instead have it's own arsenal that vBuleltin itself would have to catch up to.

Top Bottom