Would you still purchase add-ons if PayPal wasn't supported (and Stripe was?)

Would you still purchase from developers if Stripe was used instead of PayPal?

• Total voters
Well, the thread title is maybe something you might want to fix...?

Would you still purchase add-ons if PayPal wasn't supported

That's incorrect.

I don't have a credit card linked to my paypal account. My bank account is linked.
Thread title is correct. Would people use Stripe over PayPal essentially.

As far as I can tell the question was a poll to customers as you say, but appeared to be seller based research. So I believe any discussion spawned by the poll can and should be about both buying and selling.

As a seller I am receiving useful information from this thread. I was aware of Stripe, but didn't really know what it was. In fact I know more about it based on the discussion here than I could get from their website.
It's meant to be buying only.

Thread title is correct. Would people use Stripe over PayPal essentially.

Well that's whats causing the confusion in here.

You've said "but the question was never to drop PayPal" when that's exactly the question you're asking, "would you still purchase add-ons from a certain developer if they stopped accepting PayPal".

As far as I can tell the question was a poll to customers as you say, but appeared to be seller based research.

It's meant to be buying only.

So the point of the poll/thread is not to help the seller determine anything about choice of payment for the seller???

This confuses me because this implies the thread is also aimed at sellers/developers:

I'm just looking to poll some data here to possibly change how Apantic deals with payments. Poll results are public, since I'm sure other developers would greatly appreciate this data too.

Apantic is a seller, right? Other developers would also be sellers, right?

Last edited:
Well that's whats causing the confusion in here.

You've said "but the question was never to drop PayPal" when that's exactly the question you're asking, "would you still purchase add-ons from a certain developer if they stopped accepting PayPal".
So the point of the poll/thread is not to help the seller determine anything about choice of payment for the seller???

This confuses me because this implies the thread is also aimed at sellers/developers:

Apantic is a seller, right? Other developers would also be sellers, right?
I don't know what's so hard to understand here. I'm going to explain for the last time.

The question is aimed at customers and the data is useful to developers. This is not whether you would prefer to use Stripe from a developer's standpoint. This is whether customers would still purchase from a developer if Stripe was supported in the place of PayPal. If I out if Stripe and PayPal were there, the data would be useless because they could just say "yes I would still buy... Because I'd still be using PayPal". You don't stop using a company because they added another payment method that they aren't forcing upon you, you simply choose the method you wish to use. If I worded my question as "would you still buy if stripe was also supported" it's going to be stupid because it's not going to generate correct data.

The question is for customers. The people that buy. The poll results are public so other developers can see this, but it is not for developers to vote whether they want to implement Stripe or not. The question is for the ******** customers.

Last edited:
The question is for customers. The people that buy. The poll results are public so other developers can see this, but it is not for developers to vote whether they want to implement Stripe or not. The question is for the ******** customers.

Nobody is disputing that, it is quite obvious, and I said as much in post #80

There is no need to be rude.

Top Bottom