• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Workaround for orphaned posts?

Deleted a node with 100K posts by a user (RSS feed, nobody would post that much) but only 80K posts were deleted. Now that user shows 20K posts, but I cannot access the posts since they are in a disappeared node. The user shows 20K posts but no posts are listed in show all content or show all threads. I have rebuilt all caches.

Would creating a new node, changing the ID to the deleted node, and then re-deleting the node take care of the remaining 20K posts? Would this work, and is it safe?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That should resolve it but I am more interested to determine why the posts were not deleted when you deleted the node.
Did you encounter any errors or timeouts when you deleted the node?

When I came back to the computer in the morning the "Processing... Deleting... Threads (50,123/110,789)" screen was gone and there was the run-deferred page showing this:

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared in /var/www/vhosts/onlinetradersforum.com/httpdocs/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 41
XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesByRouteType() in XenForo/Model/RoutePrefix.php at line 54
XenForo_Model_RoutePrefix->getPrefixesForRouteCache() in XenForo/Link.php at line 479
XenForo_Link::_loadHandlerInfoForGroup() in XenForo/Link.php at line 396
XenForo_Link::_getPrefixHandler() in XenForo/Link.php at line 362
XenForo_Link::_buildLink() in XenForo/Link.php at line 93
XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 195
XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 612
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/onlinetradersforum.com/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Is it possible that the post count is simply wrong? (Not sure why - could be an issue in XF, could be related to changes regarding whether posts count in forum, could be manually edited, could be an issue pre import if applicable.)

yes it was the same error I received after successfully importing from vBulletin.

I spent hours watching the progress of the deletion and the process should still have been going on when I came back to the computer, it should have taken another 5 or 6 hours. I believe the post count is correct.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The admin CP should show that there's a manual deferred process still running and that you can restart it (or if you still have the window with that error open, you can probably refresh).

That did happen during the initial import, there was that error page and I refreshed it and it continued. This time there was just that error page and no way to restart it.