Wordpress

Cal

So how hard would it be to integrate a forum into a wordpress page?? Anyone have any idea??? I'm stumped personally. However per my political consultant, yeah I hired a real campaign manager to get this political movement going (working quite well), it would be a lot more appealing if the forum was inside the wordpress site. If you get what I mean?

I'll probably end up paying someone to figure it out, but if I could manage it myself...it would be nice. :censored:

Not sure why I simply named the thread "wordpress"...wasn't really paying attention but just roll with it ;)

So how hard would it be to integrate a forum into a wordpress page??
I take it you mean integrate Xenforo into Wordpress.
it would be a lot more appealing if the forum was inside the wordpress site.
What do you mean ?
Make a drawing of your wordpress page and how you want Xenforo to "embed" in it.

It seems you have just started thinking about this ... Firm up what you want exactly.

The current bridge makes Xenforo be the Master and does most of the work (ie. account management) and Wordpress is the slave. You might want the opposite. Most Wordpress keeners want the opposite. One liability of having XF do the work is you don't get valid Wordpress cookies.

Firm up what you want.

Other ideas: (depending on what you want).
vB4 + vBSSO + WP ?
WP + Vanilla ?

I was actually looking at the Vanilla plugin for Wordpress today. Going to download that and see how it works, what it does, etc. Not that I have any intention to convert to Vanilla for my forums or even just use them for WP comments.... but I'm interested to see what carries over conceptually.

I also noticed that Vanilla has an SSO plugin in addition to the Wordpress-specific one.

Maybe Russ. Let me photoshop a mock up and get back to you all so you can understand what I want better lol.

Actually Russ....yeah I think that's what I mean by this. I just need to consider it more. I'm not even sure I could budget for something like that. o_O

It seems you have just started thinking about this ... Firm up what you want exactly.

Hey Doc...when you pay a professional political campaign manager to get your political movement off the ground....you shut up and listen. Newt Gingrich wanted to run his own show in 2012 too...look what happened to him lol.

Just spent all damn day redesigning half that site to match what he said works. Looks good and rather professional...sure almost beats the theme the tea party has. So we'll so how it goes.

Maybe Russ. Let me photoshop a mock up and get back to you all so you can understand what I want better lol.

Actually Russ....yeah I think that's what I mean by this. I just need to consider it more. I'm not even sure I could budget for something like that. o_O

Hey Doc...when you pay a professional political campaign manager to get your political movement off the ground....you shut up and listen. Newt Gingrich wanted to run his own show in 2012 too...look what happened to him lol.

Just spent all damn day redesigning half that site to match what he said works. Looks good and rather professional...sure almost beats the theme the tea party has. So we'll so how it goes.

Well I'm here if you need me, I'm pretty reasonable and a fast worker :) I'm booked up through the week but should clear up this weekend. Best of luck with the site!

Alright. I'll message you in a bit Russ. I'm booked solid this week too. I have a a Conservative Conference in DC to attend. Biggest one of the year. This is make it or break it time or I'll be stalled until next year.

Gotta give out a lot of flyers :D

....and damn well try to give one to Rand Paul if I can find him in the crowd ;)

I remember looking at this earlier and you can easily get a common look. Start with the header and place the same WP code into the XF header template. Next, copy the WP menu code into navigation and use extra.css to get the menu and header to look like the WP side.

I remember looking at this earlier and you can easily get a common look. Start with the header and place the same WP code into the XF header template. Next, copy the WP menu code into navigation and use extra.css to get the menu and header to look like the WP side.

I did that the other day and there we're errors on top of errors on top of even more errors. Took a bit to fix too :whistle:

Top Bottom