My needs should be fairly simple?
I need a single sign on and account syncing bridge for wordpress.
I have been researching this topic for a few weeks off and on now. I've installed third party add-ons, tried to get support, etc, but have not found a solution.
I had a preexisting WordPress installation with about 1500 users. I started a XenForo forum (a great solution). When I started the forums, the company I used to convert also transferred the WP users over to Xenforo. I've gone through a number of add-on and either it was impossible to get support, or my needs were not quite supported.
Here's the current setup, and what I need.
There are two account creation channels. Wordpress, and XenForo. There are some accounts on each platform that do not exist on the other. I'd like everything to remain in-sync.
WHAT WE NEED:
1. Sync current XenForo and Wordpress users (sign on works for both).
2. Keep the users in sync, including user name, email, and password (avatars are a nice to have).
3. On account creation from either Wordpress or XenForo, an equivalent account is created for the other platform with same username and password, and kept in sync.
4. OPTIONAL: Single Sign On would be really nice, but is optional as long as accounts are kept in sync.
5. OPTIONAL: Ideally, the plugin will create users on the platform where they do not currently exist.
The top three "Needs" above are most important.
Thank for any support or guidance.