WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

I installed the api and the wordpress plugin.The setup went through fine for me .But when another admin tried to authorize and link both xenforo and wordpress it kept redirecting to login page.Also admins who are only there on wordpress and not in xenforo are not able to preview posts created by them.They get re-directed to 404 pages
During authorization, it redirects back to login page to confirm user password. Did the other admin enter their password? If he/she did, where did it go afterwards?

They logged in but it kept saying wrong password.So if the admins link their accounts there should not be any problem rite?also I have a membership plugin membermouse would this create any issue?

They logged in but it kept saying wrong password.So if the admins link their accounts there should not be any problem rite?also I have a membership plugin membermouse would this create any issue?
Wrong password? The admin should enter WordPress password and it should be accepted. Please ask him/her to try again.
Currently only two membership plugins are supported: MemberPress and s2Member. MemberMouse is not tested and its status is unknown.

xfrocks updated WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer with a new update entry:

First major upgrade with new features!

• Added two way post / comment sync
  • Added user group sync
  • Added support for membership plugins: s2member, MemberPress, Paid Membership Pro
  • Added Dashboard feature: connect / disconnect user accounts when edit user
  • Added Dashboard tool: auto associate existing WordPress accounts with XenForo’s
  • Improved user sync
  • Improved cookie sync
  • Improved options page UX
  • Bug fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way a logged in user (in XenForo) doesn't have to see the "Authorize Access" page the first time he visits the WordPress Blog? I just would like to display the comments from XenForo in my WordPress that's all i need the bridge for and it would be pretty cool if that would be done automatically (and not with a special authorization by the user).

Is there a way a logged in user (in XenForo) doesn't have to see the "Authorize Access" page the first time he visits the WordPress Blog? I just would like to display the comments from XenForo in my WordPress that's all i need the bridge for and it would be pretty cool if that would be done automatically (and not with a special authorization by the user).
I replied to your conversation message but I will reply here again :D

You can set the client to auto authorize, this can only be set in AdminCP. Follow the instruction here https://xfrocks.com/api-support/threads/wordpress-plugin-faq.178/#post-1628

Alternatively, you can disable the cookie sync option from WordPress if you don't use that feature.

Hi @xfrocks ,

Could you confirm if the Wordpress installation and XenForo installation being on two different servers/IPs would affect this add-on?

If so - how?

@xfrocks

Would it be possible pull the xenforo thread URL created from a post? I wanted to add a button for each post so people discuss it on the forums as opposed to WordPress.

@xfrocks

Would it be possible pull the xenforo thread URL created from a post? I wanted to add a button for each post so people discuss it on the forums as opposed to WordPress.
Yes, the information is available you will need to put something like this into your theme code.

PHP:
<?php

$records = xfac_sync_getRecordsByProviderTypeAndSyncId('', 'thread', get_post()->ID);

if (!empty($records)) {
$record = reset($records);

if (!empty($record->syncData['thread']['links']['permalink'])) {
echo sprintf('<a href="%s" target="_blank">%s</a>', $record->syncData['thread']['links']['permalink'], __('Discussion'));
}

}

?>

Yes, the information is available you will need to put something like this into your theme code.

PHP:
<?php

$records = xfac_sync_getRecordsByProviderTypeAndSyncId('', 'thread', get_post()->ID);

if (!empty($records)) {
$record = reset($records);

if (!empty($record->syncData['thread']['links']['permalink'])) {
echo sprintf('<a href="%s" target="_blank">%s</a>', $record->syncData['thread']['links']['permalink'], __('Discussion'));
}

}

?>
You da man :)

I just tried your plugin, only the admin user was migrated to both, none of the other users accounts were brought into wordpress.

Also, the admin account that was detected when I setup wordpress did not log me out of xenforo when I logged out. I then logged into xenforo and did not get logged into wordpress. (I tried both way's and it didn't work)

Everything in the setup process went fine, it detected the forums and on the wordpress post page I was able to select a forum to auto post the blog to. However, when I posted to wordpress with the forum selected it did not put the post into xenforo.

Also, I'm using xenforo 1.5.

I just tried your plugin, only the admin user was migrated to both, none of the other users accounts were brought into wordpress.

Also, the admin account that was detected when I setup wordpress did not log me out of xenforo when I logged out. I then logged into xenforo and did not get logged into wordpress. (I tried both way's and it didn't work)

Everything in the setup process went fine, it detected the forums and on the wordpress post page I was able to select a forum to auto post the blog to. However, when I posted to wordpress with the forum selected it did not put the post into xenforo.

Also, I'm using xenforo 1.5.

User accounts are synced on user logged in to XenForo and visit WordPress. Depending on your setting, you should be logged out (of XenForo) when you log out of WordPress, please confirm your setting and make sure you turn on "sync logged-in cookie".

Hi there,

bought the plugin becuase I looked for a way, to sync the xenforo with wordpress and after two hours of reading your documentation and some try and error, it works now - I think so.

But I have some questions: Is it possible to create Xenforo Threads for Wordpress Pages? It works with posts but not with pages?

It does not save the forum for a post when I save a draft. But some posts are scheduled. There are no threads for this posts and I have to update every scheduled post after it was published to create a thread.

Is it possible to to sync a XF Thread that already exists to a WP post?

Hm, to test the plugin I have pushed a forum to a post. Saved. Okay it worked. But what happend if I do this again with another forum? Okay, now two threads are synced to the post... but how can I remove the second thread from the post?

Okay, that are all questions for this time :)

Hope you can understand me, english is not my native language.

Hi, thanks for a great plugin!

I can login from both systems and posts and comments works both ways and I can logout from wp and the user i also logged out from xf.
However when I logout from xf the user is not logged out from wp.

Can you please help me sort this out?

It does not save the forum for a post when I save a draft. But some posts are scheduled. There are no threads for this posts and I have to update every scheduled post after it was published to create a thread.

Same here. We have quite a few posts that have to be scheduled. Do you plan to fix that?

@xfrocks : (this has to be mentioned!) What a great work you've done so far! Once again, one of the top, top, top developers for xf!

Thank You!

Top Bottom